Author Topic: noreplydelivery@mitel5000. (missing .com)  (Read 3057 times)

Offline jwarren

• View Profile
noreplydelivery@mitel5000. (missing .com)
« on: January 12, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »
I can't get my voicemail to email resolved. We have a hosted exchange company and it worked prior to their upgrading from exchange 2010 to 2013. Now it sends me the email but it is missing the attachment. It is still communicating and updating my phone depending on what I do with the email but it doesn't help when I don't get the actual message.

I don't think the issue is on their side though. I think its because the voicemail isn't coming from a proper email address and the exchange server isn't allowing the attachment through because it thinks the email is spam. The email gateway section of the DB programming has a correct email address but it isn't coming through as that. If I could get the Mitel system to show the email as coming from the one I input I think everything would work fine. That or just show the full mitel5000.com email address.

Note: You cannot add an item to the non-spam list of exchange 2013 without it being a proper email address. Please don't try suggesting that.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: noreplydelivery@mitel5000. (missing .com)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »
I would check the DNS entries in "IP Settings". Mitel5000 is the default hostname, but maybe there is an odd/invalid entry in the domain field. I also remember a customer upgrading exchange and we discovered SMTP was disabled by default on 2013.

Offline jwarren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »
I would check the DNS entries in "IP Settings". Mitel5000 is the default hostname, but maybe there is an odd/invalid entry in the domain field. I also remember a customer upgrading exchange and we discovered SMTP was disabled by default on 2013.

The Default hostname is Mitel5000. SMTP is enabled on our end and on the exchange side per their customer support. They definitely upped the security settings when they changed from 2010 to 2013 and that is why I think its stripping the attachment and putting the email in the junk drawer. Everything I've read online says that it should be a .com by default. This may not be the issue but I'm trying to solve one thing at a time.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
What do you have in the "Domain Name" field of IP Settings? It should populate hostname, followed by domain name. So if the hostname is mitel5000 and the domain name is abc.com, the email would have XXX@mitel5000.abc.com

Offline jwarren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:36:20 PM »
What do you have in the "Domain Name" field of IP Settings? It should populate hostname, followed by domain name. So if the hostname is mitel5000 and the domain name is abc.com, the email would have XXX@mitel5000.abc.com

My domain name was blank. Once I entered the domain name the emails appeared as NoReplyDelivery@Mitel5000.abc.com (with abc replacing my actual domain name). However, I'm still having the same issue. Thanks for the idea though.

I was able to get it to work once earlier when my service rep was hear but we were going through so many options that we didn't realize it worked until we had switched the settings to something else. The only settings we were adjusting were from the two pictures attached above and the email came through as the admin email address listed in the E-mail Gateway section. However, I haven't been able to get that to happen again regardless of how many different combinations of the settings I've tried. I'm now questioning if it was just a fluke.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
JWarren,

Change your E-Mail Synchronization Level to Forward and Copy as Enhanced Integration is not working yet on Exchange 2013.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jwarren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
JWarren,

Change your E-Mail Synchronization Level to Forward and Copy as Enhanced Integration is not working yet on Exchange 2013.

Thanks,

TE

TE,

Thanks for the idea. That must have been the setting that we used when we got it to come through correctly once. I got the email to come through correctly but I'm sure going to miss the integration.

I saw some help you were trying to give someone back in August related to this exact issue. I have read up on it this morning and many websites state that the 2013 exchange server doesn't communicate with the mitel system when an email is deleted. However, I have full integration as far as deleting the emails go. My only issue is the voicemail isn't attached.

Do you know if this is an exchange thing or a Mitel thing? I had our service rep out here for an hour and he had no idea that there was a ongoing issue.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 02:26:44 PM »
JWarren,

As far as I can tell the issue is a combination of the two and Mitel Engineers have not been able to give me a good answer as to why yet. As of a few months ago, 4 or so, the answer Mitel Tech support gave to our Service Department is that the Integration with Exchange 2013 is still not working.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10