Author Topic: Using specific trunks for DEE  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Using specific trunks for DEE
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »
Here is what I would like to do. 

System has a mix of analog trunks and SIP trunks.  The SIP trunks are an over the top setup that use public internet so their reliability is nor where near 99%.

Ideally I would like people to call in on the main number using the analog trunks, but set things up so that DEE calls would use the SIP trunks because DEE calls end up going to mobile numbers users are more likely to "live" with some quality issues.  Also SIP trunks allow caller ID to be propagated through.

Is this setup possible?  And if so how do I set it up?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Using specific trunks for DEE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »
Hershel,

DEE uses the phone it is associated with to get the outbound extension to use for calling out. If you set that to use the analog trunks then DEE will use them to.

Sorry,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
I was afraid that things were setup something like that.  Correct me if I am wrong but here was my idea as a work around

Analog Trunk Group - 74001
SIP Trunk Group - 74002
Ext/User 100 - DEE user

I set x100's outgoing extension to 74002... this means DEE will use the SIP trunks
Program a button(s) so the user can manually select 74001... this allow them to use the analog trunks for outgoing calls but requires the user to select them. 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »
Theoretically that would work EXCEPT SIP trunks can be a nightmare without being able to use ARS to tailor the dial string to what the carrier is looking for (add this, subtract that).  So you'd probably need to program ARS (92000) as default outgoing ext so DEE will use it, then add LS trunk button for real outgoing group.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
Hershel,

That would work, but I agree with Dwayneg about using ARS instead of the actual trunk group. It is almost always the preferred way to allow for greater flexibility and control over your outbound calls and dialing strings.

So, set your Outgoing Extension to ARS, default 92000, and your Emergency Extension to 74001 so 911 calls use the Analog Trunks to dial out. Then make sure that your SIP Trunk Group is the only Trunk Group in your Numbering Plan Facility Groups that would be needed to call the associated devices number.

If you have ARS Only set up a COS for your phones you can either remove that or go to the Analog Trunk Group and set Exempt From ARS Only to Yes. Then you can either turn your system into a KSU and put the trunks as Individual Trunks on keys or just use the Trunk Group. If you go the KSU route then don't forget to change the Hold Button on the key maps to System Hold instead of Individual Hold.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10