Author Topic: Accidental Page?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Accidental Page?
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »
Yesterday, while I was out of the office (of course), our Mitel 5000 broadcast some beeps over the entire system (about 70 phones) every 3 minutes or so for a period of time in the morning.

I am assuming that perhaps someone accidentally pressed the key codes for a page - although the every 3 minutes thing is something I've never heard of.

Is there anyway - 24 hours later - to see in some kind of log what happened?  We've put in a ticket to customer support at Mitel - but that isn't always very speedy.

Thanks.

Adam in DC

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Accidental Page?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »
Based on your description, is it possible that you have a device such as a fax or modem that is trying to call an outside number starting with 7 (page code) without first accessing an outside line?  That would explain all the DTMF and the re-tries.
By the way, if you do have faxes on the system you should set their extensions as house phones, set to dial 8 or 92XXX for outside access when they go off hook.
One more possibility is a VM mailbox set for remote notification but number not programmed as CO.  If that's the case the mbox user would eventually get a message in mailbox telling him remote notification failed.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Accidental Page?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
thanks.  sounds plausible.  I've never done anything like you've described, but I'll see if I can figure it out.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10