Author Topic: MiCollab default portal  (Read 2539 times)

Offline fuzzysteve

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab default portal
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
Hello everyone,

We just had MiCollab AWC installed last week and I'm working up some docs and poking around before I set it to live for my users.  There is one thing that really bugs me and I'm hoping to find an answer here.

When anyone types in the domain that I have created (meeting.mydomain.com) they get the end user portal.  While that is great for my internal users, I would rather have it default to the AWC public portal.  I can train my users to go to a different link for their end user portal (meeting.mydomain.com\EUP or something like that)  I can't talk to all the external people that try to get in.  I know a link goes out in the email but I would like to make it even easier for external people to come in.

sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.  I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab default portal
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »
This does depend on your current configuration and there is different things that would need to be done. You also have certificate concerns if using https.

There is also the correct way to make it last after updates versus making it work fast. The correct way would be to create the directory tree structure for /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/index.html/ in the /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/ directory and copying the 05head fragement from /etc/e-smith/templates/home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/index.html/, modifying it and expanding this template.

The fast and dirty method I would suggest would be to just edit the index.html file in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/ and change where it redirects.

If you are using the Web Proxy in the MBG for external, this requires modifying a different file i.e. /etc/e-smith/web/unpriv/webproxy_notfound and adding the meta refresh redirect and likely deleting the body text

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10