Author Topic: Phone changed from one extension to another  (Read 1486 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Phone changed from one extension to another
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
Company has 5000 HX with two nodes both at 6.0.9.61, aprox. 75 users across the nodes.  Two users in the last couple of weeks have reported that all of a sudden there phone changed from one extension (say 1112 to 1178) when I wasn't in the system administration or programming.  System has been installed for several years, last firmware upgrade a little more than a year ago.  I haven't seen this happen before these two users were switched in the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone seen this happen before?  It's scaring me a bit.

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Phone changed from one extension to another
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
Yes, I've seen this happen. In fact, just this morning. I had three extensions that were moved from one node to another, but kept coming back in the original system.

Occasionally, records get locked in the database and old data comes back to haunt you. Back up the database and run it through DB tester to fix any any errors, then restore the repaired database.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply and information!

Sounds good, I had better run the test and restore late on a weekend.  It's so odd that the extension switched when I hadn't been in the DB for a while.  Just baffles me.

Anyone have information on what the fixes and improvements are between FW releases? 

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »
Also be sure you do a backup to the system backup file, stored on the 5000.  You'll find this in operations/backup operations.  Could be the system is defaulting to the backup for some reason, and that was saved before the switch.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10