Author Topic: International call with a code  (Read 2189 times)

Offline EZEK

• Contributer
    • View Profile
International call with a code
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:36:15 PM »
I need to configure the Mitel 5000 to use a codes with the pepole want to make International call , and still apple to do long distance call without code

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: International call with a code
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:56 AM »
EZEK,

I don't think that I have ever tried that, but off the top of my head I know by using the basic system you can not do this. If I think of something I will post it, but right now I don't think it can be done.

Sorry,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:55:21 PM »
If you have available SL and LS ports here's a cool trick to get you there:
Loop one or more LS ports to the SL ports.  Put the LS in a TG.  Flag SLs to be HOUSE PHONES and dial 8 when they go off-hook, and be sure ASSOCIATED EXTENSION for outside calls is ARS, also require ACCT CODE for LD calls.  Block international for all phones except the SL ports. Now here's what happens: user dials access code for TG above.  This becomes a new call on SL port, which automatically dials 8 for outside (looks to PBX like an analog phone went off-hook).  User dials ext for the new TG, now hears dial tone from the SL port.  User dials international number and the call is processed as if it's an analog station making it.  Should beep for acct code (won't see display because it's analog).  Haven't tried it yet, let me know if you have problems and I'll think about it more.
To make life easy you might want to change feature code 5 or 6 to something else, then use that single digit as the TG ext so it's one-digit to get there.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »
Dwayneg,

You are so far out of the box you don't even see it anymore do you? Wow, that is a brillant solution and if it works you may need to up the Transmit and Receive since you are possibly connecting two Loop Start Ports together depending on what type of trunking they are using, but if they are digital it may not be noticable.

That deserves +1 Karma for sure.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10