Author Topic: Restrict phone from forwarding to long distance number  (Read 5304 times)

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
Restrict phone from forwarding to long distance number
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
Want to restrict phones from forwarding calls to a long distance/international numbers (to prevent toll fraud)
Still need them all to be able to call long distance without entering any codes
Still need them all to be able to forward to external local numbers
On the 3300 I just assigned the trunks a COR that could not call long distance / international
Tried putting the trunks in the 'Deny Toll Access' class of service - still able to forward calls to long distance.
Can the 5000 do this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Restrict phone from forwarding to long distance number
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
Lowradiation,

For the phones you want to restrict just go into their class of service [Day and Night] and restrict long distance and International calls from that phone. Trying this on the CO Trunk Group means it is Global for all calls so that wouldn't work for those phones that would be allowed to call Long Distance and International. Just make sure that the CO Trunk Group has Subject to Toll Restriction set to Yes or it will ignore any Class of Service or Toll Restriction except ARS Only.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
**Still need all phones to be able to call long distance without entering any codes - just don't want them to be able to forward their phones to long distance numbers.  (there is remote access to the config assistant so I want to prevent any chance of toll fraud)

I can do this on the 3300.  Can it be done on the 5000?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:54 PM »
I don't think it's going to happen.  You can forward to any number you can dial...if you restrict LD it will apply to both numbers you call and numbers you want to forward to.
If you're concerned about specific numbers or specific types of numbers (Bob's cell, Puerto Rico, etc.) you could put those numbers in the DENIED list of COS.

Since your concern is CONFIG ASST, if you don't have too many people you could restrict who can call the CA: build a new call routing table keyed on OUTSIDE PARTY NUMBER.  Build a list of the likely suspects (our cell numbers) and set destination to CA, then "+" numbers go to a dead destination (empty port, missing phone).  Pick a DID and route it to the new table.  If you don't want to dedicate a DID, route all calls to new table BEFORE going to DID table.  Then known numbers go to table that goes to auto att that includes "press X for CA", all others go to table that doesn't allow this option.  BTW, don't need to duplicate the whole table, just the DID that goes to auto attendant.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
Thanks dwayneg!  That's an ingenious work-around.  I will give it a go.
I would give you a star if I could  :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »
Lowradiation,

I am not sure how you are doing this on the 3300, but it doesn't matter since they are two totally different phone systems. What you are asking for is a contradiction in logic when it comes to the 5000 unless you want to go into detail as to which area and office codes you want them to be able to dial for long distance and which you don't. If you are concerned with toll fraud by employees then just don't allow them access after hours to long distance, that is why there is a day and night. The 5000 is very flexible, but you really need to define exactly what your parameters are based on the 5000's logic and not not what other phone systems are allowed to do; this is what will make the difference between you becoming a great 5000 programmer or just an OK one.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
Not toll fraud from employees but from those who try to hack into vulnerable systems.
3300 - phone COR overrides trunk COR when calling out.  Forwarding external uses trunk COR, therefore a forwarded call to a long distance number is blocked but a direct call from a phone is not.
This is not a 3300 logic, but a PBX logic....
Knowing other phone system capabilites - what each of their weaknesses (ie 3300 does not have a built-in caller ID routing table) and strengths - helps in becoming a great programmer not just an OK one

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10