Author Topic: COR problem  (Read 3009 times)

Offline toolbox123

• Contributer
    • View Profile
COR problem
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:50:34 PM »
Hi,

Basic phone admin here.  I am trying to allow certain extensions to be able to dial international.  I believe I am to do this in the COR (please correct me if I am wrong).  Except I can

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: COR problem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:20:08 PM »
Well.... It just ain't that easy.

COR is probably the most difficult thing to set up on any system. 
And better yet, each VAR can set up a unique COR so what I set up in our systems probably wouldn't work for you.

If you already have someone that can dial international calls, simply go into form 9, look up it's COR and give the other extensions the same COR.

If not then it may be more than you may want to tackle.

In general, here are the steps to setting up an international route with a restricted COR.
1- Build a new COR.  You want to restrict the CORs that should be dialing out.
2- Build your digit mod table.   You need to absorb the '9"
3- Build the route - In the route assignment form create a new route.   Assign the trunk group you are going to use and the digit mod table and the COR you created.
4- In digit string under '9' (typically) create the international route.  Number should look like 011 with Unknown digits to follow.
5- Test.

It can get even more fun with some PRI issues and carrier issues and a multitude of other things that you can be sure will just up and bite you.   At the same time you need to be cautious of your restrictions to be sure you don't get hacked and end up with several thousands of dollars of fraudulent international billing.

I'm sure some of the 200 jocks here will find flaws in what I'm telling you but in general that should get you started.  In most cases I recommend that if you need to build/modify the ARS for this, let your vendor handle it for you.   Hopefully you can just copy the COR in form 9 of a working extension.   

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:22:38 PM by ralph »

Offline toolbox123

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: COR problem
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:36:57 PM »
Yikes!!

Thanks for your effort Ralph.  Didn't want you to spend too much time on it.

I will poke around in those areas but I think I will be paying our support people for this one!

Cheers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10