Author Topic: Seeking creative solutions: MWI for an attendant soft key  (Read 1850 times)

Offline DARWIN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Seeking creative solutions: MWI for an attendant soft key
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:07:44 PM »

Using ICP 3300 (Release 6.0) with NuPoint, we have an attendant console with an assigned general mailbox (let's call it 1000)
The person responsible for that mailbox needs to be notified on her phone (let's call it 2000) when messages are left in mailbox 1000.

The problem is that on the 3300, a Message Waiting Indicatorcannot be set for a DN assigned to an attendant soft key.

While researching, one of the features I found in NuPoint is something called Message Delivery (under the mailbox Msg Waiting tab / Paging feature)
Has anyone used this? Or alternatively, any creative suggestions to allow MWI for this scenario?

Merci!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking creative solutions: MWI for an attendant soft key
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »
There's something else you can do.
1) Pick up a stand alone MWI light from someplace.  You may want to look at Sandman.
2) Connect the light to an analog port on the PBX.  Give it an exten.
3) In the NuPoint you can set up a FCOS with a "Broadcast Message Waiting".  Give that FCOS to the DN of the Attendant key.
4) Create a mailbox for the new analog extension you created in step 2.
5) Put that mailbox in list 1 of the the Attendant key.

Now when you leave a vm for the attendant key it will light the light on the stand alone MWI button.

Ralph

Offline DARWIN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking creative solutions: MWI for an attendant soft key
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »
There's something else you can do.
1) Pick up a stand alone MWI light from someplace.  You may want to look at Sandman.
2) Connect the light to an analog port on the PBX.  Give it an exten.
3) In the NuPoint you can set up a FCOS with a "Broadcast Message Waiting".  Give that FCOS to the DN of the Attendant key.
4) Create a mailbox for the new analog extension you created in step 2.
5) Put that mailbox in list 1 of the the Attendant key.

Now when you leave a vm for the attendant key it will light the light on the stand alone MWI button.

Ralph

Although I couldn't apply it because I'm not on site, it's an excellent workaround as always Ralph, thanks again.

What I ended up doing:
1. Create a single line appearance w/ an associated NuPoint mailbox (3000)
2. Forward calls when console does not answer to that single line
3. Program a softkey on phone 2000 as a Message Waiting Indication for 3000

Now when the console doesn't answer, the voicemail is left with 3000, which then lights up the softkey and notifies the user of a new message.

Would still love to know if anyone's used the NuPoint Paging/Message Delivery option successfully.

Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10