Author Topic: Oaisys Management Studio from desktops not connecting  (Read 5930 times)

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Oaisys Management Studio from desktops not connecting
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »
We use Oaisys Tracer running version 7.2 Management Studio. A few days ago when opening Management Studio form my desktop it hung while attempting to connect to the Admin web service. The connection failed and the following errors were displayed:

Error: Failed to get Net-Server connectivity for http://tracer
Error = Unable to connect to the remote server

Also, the internal web page for downloading Management Studio is not accessible either by DNS or IP address.

The server is called Tracer and it responds to Pings and is accessible via remote desktop. Management Studio runs fine on the server and calls are being recorded. Recently we deployed a new GPO on our domain that controlled firewall settings. Initially I thought the firewall was the issue but disabling the GPO and turning my firewall completely off did not resolve things.

I'm awaiting a response from our system vendor but thought I'd check the forum to see if anyone has run into this before or has any idea on what's wrong.

Offline merlin02131

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Oaisys Management Studio from desktops not connecting
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
I had some issues with Oaisys a while ago but it was more like bugs in the software as We upgraded and could not download the client piece .  What you describe is sounding more like something is blocking it from starting .  Is Oaisys in the same subnet as the PC you are trying to connect with ?  We upgraded because due to recording issues but not with  connection issues except after we upgraded we found an issue with the client as Oaisys claims its a known issue with downloading the client portion , We had some issues trying to connect to the upgraded version and had to use a hidden URL . I am checking my notes to see if I can find it but the Web URL was wrong in the new software .

What version are you running ?
Whats your network look like ?
Subnets , Routers etc .
Your GPO , Is it an internal firewall or does it scan your whole network , and was it installed on the same day you noticed the issues ??

Previous experience , especially with Sonic wall , Even though your GPO unit may have been disconnected , I would remove it OFF the network and test , If this unit was installed close to the same time you started experiencing issues .

Hope this helps !

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Re: Oaisys Management Studio from desktops not connecting
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:52:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply. It turned out it was the firewall on Tracer. I just needed to make an exception for HTTP traffic on it. DOH!  :-\

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10