Author Topic: Cant dial Toll Free #  (Read 1844 times)

Offline mkrneta

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cant dial Toll Free #
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »
I have a user that cant dial Toll Free #'s.  They can dial any other # - just not toll free #'s.  No other users experiencing that same issue.  Any ideas ??

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Cant dial Toll Free #
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
If it works for everyone else it comes down to figuring out what's different for this user (assuming YOU can't dial toll free from that phone either).  Some things I'd check by comparing to other working phone: OUTGOING EXTENSION under ASSOCIATED EXTENSIONS, CALLING PARTY NUMBER, CLASS OF SERVICE, ACCOUNT CODE TYPE.  Also be sure phone has OUTGOING ACCESS for all trunk groups that might be used.  If you still can't fix it please let us know what symptoms are when call fails: what does display say, what does user hear?  Also force a call out directly by dialing trunk group pilot without pressing OUTGOING or 8 (92001?) and observe.

Offline mkrneta

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
So all OUTGOING EXTENSION under ASSOCIATED EXTENSIONS, CALLING PARTY NUMBER, CLASS OF SERVICE, ACCOUNT CODE TYPE. were the same as a known good working extension except for CALLING PARTY NUMBER.  I changed that from broadcasting only the extension to a complete phone number.  I had the user test after that change and dialed a TOLL FREE # only to have the display default back to its original state after thecall failed.  No message, no beeps, no error code. 
I had the user dial the truck directly by pressing 9201 and then a TOLL FREE # and the call worked fine.  The user then went back and pressed OUTGOING and then dialed a 800 # and the call completed as it should.
I dont know what to say - Caspar and the demon!
Thanks Dwayne -

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
I'm sure it's related to the CPN.  Since 800 calls must list the calling number on the 800 customer's bill, they couldn't process with a bad number.  Regular calls don't seem to matter, I can send most anything.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10