Author Topic: Mitel 5430e Headset Problem  (Read 3978 times)

Offline dkreck

• View Profile
Mitel 5430e Headset Problem
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
I have a Mitel 5430e with the mitle wireless headset attached, it has been working great for the user until today.

Symptoms: When headset mode is off, you can use headset by clicking hookswitch, handset or even speakphone respectively in their own ways. When a call comes in it doesn't ring to the headset (because it isn't in headset mode on)

When the headset mode is on, the headset doesn't pick up a call or produce dial tone when clicking the hookswitch, oddly, when headset mode is on and I press the speakphone it produces dialtone in the headset...

I've tried just restarting the phone itself, and I've tried re-pairing the headset. It is connected to a Mitel 5000 controller, and I dont see any settings for the headset on the admin software.

Thanks for the help!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5430e Headset Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
When headset mode is ON (code 317), you need to press spkr button to go on hook/off hook.  Headset mode is a carryover from the days when phones had only one jack for handset, you'd need an adapter to plug both headset and handset into this single jack.  Headset mode allowed you to go off hook by pressing spkr button instead of lifting handset (there actually used to be mechanical handset lefters you'd glue onto other phone systems that didn't have this).
Generally you'll want to leave headset mode OFF with your integrated headset.  With that status you can answer calls on handset or headset by picking up the device, or by pressing button on headset if you're already wearing it.  SPKR button will also work to handle calls though speaker.
Exception: if you're using a CTI app such as CallViewer or Attendant Console, turning headset mode on will allow you to go on and off hook on headset by pressing appropriate icons on computer screen.

Offline dkreck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
So basically the way it is working now is how it should be?

That's confusing because it was working the other way for months. Also why doesn't it ring in the earpiece?

Thanks

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:26:57 AM »
No idea why it won't ring, I tried every combination I could think of and it always rang.  Try re-registering the headset to the phone, I've seen strange things happen within the registration where functionality got weird.  Registering usually fixed it.  Did it ring before, no possibility someone missed installing the little jumper plug when module was installed?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10