Author Topic: 911 - Invalid Extension  (Read 2737 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
911 - Invalid Extension
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:50:43 AM »
Hi all,

Having issues with all are locations and dialing 911.

We use ARS to route normal phone calls out over SIP trunks located at a different facility.

We also maintain a single "backup" analog line on each 5000 system in case they loose the link connecting them to this trunk. All phone has a button labeled "backup" for this purpose. Now right now if someone needs to dial 911 they need to select this backup line and dial 911.

We are hoping to make it easier and just pickup phone and dial 911 without having to select a line.

I've checked the feature codes and 911 is setup for emergency calls. Great. When I dial 911 I get "Invalid Extension"

Any ideas?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: 911 - Invalid Extension
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
For each ext (system/devices/phones), under ASSOCIATED EXT there's a field for the EMERGENCY trunk group...specify the one for your outside line here.  You can fix one ext, then right-click on that ext, then choose copy.  Select any other ext desired, right-click, choose paste, clear all the check marks except EMERGENCY EXT.  Obviously you need to allow all concerned ext outgoing access to trunk group.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 911 - Invalid Extension
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »
Jeremywatco,

My concern here is that you are getting an "Invalid Extension" when you dial 911 from an idle phone, that should never happen; ever.

When you dial 911 from an idle phone without dialing pressing a line or "8" or whatever you outgoing extension is then it looks at the
System> Numbering Plan > Emergency > Emergency Number > 1 - 10.

Make sure that number 1 in this case is setup for 911.

As for the rest of it then you can either follow Dwayneg's solution or change the Facility and Route Groups under Numbering plan if you want to continue to use ARS for all calls. The issue is that when using the Emergency Feature Code the system will find a path out, even if you don't like the path it chooses. I have a document that explains how this works if you want me to post it here.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10