Author Topic: 5000 HX 6.0 SP1 PR1 - PRI - Transfer Failed - Uprade from Axxess  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Got a weird one...I know this should definitely be configurable. I'm just not finding the right timer...

I recently upgraded a customer's Axxess to an HX, converted DB, changed PRI card to Dual T1/PRI and all is working except when users try to transfer calls off-site. Like normal, they'll hit transfer > outgoing > phone number > hang up. Call is then placed on hold. If they do the transfer and then wait maybe 3 seconds for the ringing to start before hanging up to complete, it'll go through. They're a little annoyed that this wasn't the case on their Axxess. The receptionist is crazy fast with calls and transferring so this is especially hard on her.

So far, I've enabled Transfer to Connect Allowed on all phones and changed the Interdigit - Short timer to its minimum 2 seconds.

When OLM is enabled in Timers and Limits, I do see an ISDN Setup Wait timer set to 4 seconds, and it definitely sounds like what I need to adjust (something that'll make the system grab a line faster), but of course, F1 Help returns nothing for it so I'm a little hesitant on changing stuff in OLM.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Re: 5000 HX 6.0 SP1 PR1 - PRI - Transfer Failed - Uprade from Axxess
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
Anyone seen this happen? Transfer failed pops up on the screen when they complete the transfer to an offsite number.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »
I assume no carrier changes happened at the same time as upgrade. Is it possible some Calling Number info didn't migrate in the Trnk Grp or Endpoint? Propagate Original Caller ID? I know I'm reaching, but like you said this is a weird one...

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
Almost every time we convert the database from Axxess to 5000 it becomes corrupt.  You will probably need to hand program the 5000.  It is a great selling point but rarely works out.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 08:27:53 PM »
Transfer to Connect Allowed won't get you anything for calls transferred off-site. Do you still have a copy of the Axxess database, so you can compare timers and flags? It might be easier to delete the trunk group, unequip the T1 slot and rebuild it.

For what it's worth, I've converted numerous Axxess systems to CS or HX with no issues.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the late reply...been hectic lately.

619Tech, carrier did change from Windstream to Comcast. That's one avenue that I'm stressing to the customer. I think it's Comcast's issue, but of course they're denying it immediately.

jmarcwsp1, sorry you've had issues with the conversions. Luckily, I've been good up until now. Slowly, but surely, my customers are taking the plunge and upgrading their antiquated gear for new HXs and it's all gone relatively smooth.

DND ON, I didn't know Transfer to Connect Allowed was for internal only. Maybe I misunderstood the description in the Help. I did compare the timers and flags and everything seems legit. I really don't want to go down the route of unequipping the card and reprogramming it though. The place is 2 hours away and my only connection is modem through a DID on the PRI. Unequipping means losing remote.  :'(

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »
Ug, changing carriers during an upgrade. Great recipe for finger pointing, especially for a site that far away.

I've upgraded two sites with PRIs from Axxess version 10 to HX version 6 in the last two months. Both were plug and play.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »
Sounds like a caller ID issue to me, the carrier change just adds more weight to my suspicion. When the Operator waits to hear the ringing while transferring (Supervised XFR), the carrier is seeing her Endpoint's or the Trunk Group's Calling Party Number (Caller ID). When she Blind XFRs the caller out, the carrier is probably seeing the caller's Caller ID. The carrier does not recognize the caller's number as a valid BTN/DID allowed on the circuit and the call is rejected (stays on hold). Try disabling "Propagate Original Caller ID" in the CO Trunk Group. I would also confirm with the carrier that the customer's main number is tagged to calls that do not supply Caller ID. Then re-test.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:58:26 AM »
Looks like this may be a Mitel known issue after all...

MN00477619   Transfer to outside party fails sometimes TRANSFER FAILED

Just found it under the release notes of 6.0 SP1 PR4. Looks like it's time to upgrade.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10