Author Topic: New to Mitel / Help with Hunt Group  (Read 2697 times)

Offline erikf

• View Profile
New to Mitel / Help with Hunt Group
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
Hi,
I've found a lot of great info here as I've recently found myself managing a Mitel 5000 without any training.  I've supported other pbx's over the years, but this is very different.

Currently we have a hunt group setup and working how we think it should.  We'd like to add a mobile phone to the mix so if nobody is at the helpdesk or it's after hours, the hunt group could forward to that mobile.

I found a great thread here...
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3980.0

And I think I've mostly got it setup, but I'm completely lost when Mr. DND comes in.

Here's what I've done.
  • Setup a phantom extension, assigned a password
  • Setup a System Fwd Path, set Fwd Point 1 to my Hunt Group (2555)
  • "Point" the hunt group at the Phantom?  I went into the Hunt and pointed Recall to the Phantom extension
I'm not sure about step 3 above, and then I totally got lost about how to do it the DND way.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
thx!
Erik 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: New to Mitel / Help with Hunt Group
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:52:32 PM »
Okay, here's how I'd do it step by step:
1. Create two new Phantoms.  Name one "BOB'S CELL", name the other "FWD CONTROL"
2. Create two new SYS FWD paths.  Name one "XYZ HUNT", with the HG as sole fwd point,  and one "BOB'S CELL", with the "BOB'S CELL" phantom as sole fwd point.
3. Using feature code 359, then 355 (FWD ALL CALLS), fwd BOB'S CELL phantom to outside (8? 92000?) and then the number.  Place an IC call to this phantom to make sure it works.
4. Within the FWD CONTROL phantom add two new sys fwd paths.  Top should be BOB'S CELL path, with DND only station flag turned on.  Second should be XYZ HUNT with IMMEDIATE station flag only.
5. Redirect all calls currently going to XYZ HG to now ring FWD CONTROL phantom.
At this point the scenario will work.  Call arrives and is directed to FWD CONTROL.  If FWD CONTROL phantom is in DND, call goes to BOB'S CELL phantom.  If not in DND call goes to next step, XYZ HUNT.
Icing on the cake: give users a PKM/DSS key representing FWD CONTROL, it will flash when FWD is ON.  To place FWD CONTROL in DND, dial 359, DND CONTROL ext, DND control password (the one in the phone section, not the vmail one) and then 370#.  To cancel, same procedure but use code 371 (no #).  To make life better you can put these long strings under station speed dial buttons, I think they'll just fit within the 16 character limit; if not, use shorter ext number or pass code.  Super trick: In db programming, under VIEW at the top, there's an ONLINE MONITOR choice that will allow you to type all those digits in under speed dials...but remember, at the set we call the first speed dial 1, but in db prog it's called 0...program the first manually at the phone, then use online monitor to view it, then type into other phones the same way.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Hunt group calls won't forward off site. You'll need to get that call out of the hunt group, maybe via a recall destination, before you can forward it off site.

You might be able to use DEE if it's applicable.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »
In the scenario I described the call never enters the HG when controlling phantom is in DND, goes right to the phantom which is manually fwd to cell.  I just built that scheme on my system and tested...calls go to HG when control phantom is normal, cell when control phantom is in DND.

Offline erikf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »
In the scenario I described the call never enters the HG when controlling phantom is in DND, goes right to the phantom which is manually fwd to cell.  I just built that scheme on my system and tested...calls go to HG when control phantom is normal, cell when control phantom is in DND.
Thank you for that write-up.  That seems fairly straight forward... except #5.  How do I go about redirecting the HG to the FWD Control Phantom?  Was that the controls you talked about setting up on a key?
Thanks again!
Erik

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »
By redirect, I mean change whatever is sending calls to the HG now...could be a DID number, could be a Call Routing Application menu choice, could be a DID number.  Whatever is sending calls there, have it send calls to control phantom (may be more than one way calls get there, change them all).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10