Author Topic: CRA Routing not ringing an Extension  (Read 2215 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
CRA Routing not ringing an Extension
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
Have a "clustered" system of 12 controllers. All the voicemail is on the primary controller.

If you call into any/all of the CRA's, and dial a particular user's 4 digit extension (2216), you hear the "Your being transferred to" prompt, and then are immediately given 2216's voicemail greeting.

If anyone at this primary system dials 2216, it rings the user before going to voicemail. Same if you call the user's DID {DIDs come in through 3 PRI's also on the Primary controller}. Also, the same if anyone on 2216's local controller calls it.

This issue only seems to happen when routing through CRA's.

Any ideas on what to check?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: CRA Routing not ringing an Extension
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
When you go to Voice Processor/Devices?Mailboxes you should see a list of your sites.  Is each user listed in his appropriate site (not all listed in local)?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:41 AM »
Yes, each user is listed in the appropriate site. So 2216's mailbox is listed in node 2.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »
Very strange.  In troubleshooting this I'd pick a CRA to test, then set digit translation for an unused digit to go right to an ext on another node.  Call the CRA, press that digit, see if it transfers correctly.  It sounds like for some reason the CRAs can't access the trunks to the other site.  Voice mail is UVM, I presume?  I'd also inspect the System/Devices?Node IP Connection Groups, make sure OUTGOING ACCESS is PP051 Auto All Stations (or whatever PP number yours is), then click on the phone icon for PP051 to be sure you see all your CRAs listed there.  If the CRA is not in the list, it can not use the connection to the other site and transfer will fail as busy.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 01:02:18 PM »
In troubleshooting this I'd pick a CRA to test, then set digit translation for an unused digit to go right to an ext on another node.  Call the CRA, press that digit, see if it transfers correctly.
The issue only seems to be affecting 2216. I did do this test, both with the CRA specifically for Node 2, and the other CRA's. I set * to route directly to 2216. When I made the test calls, it would say transferring to, but then go into 2216's voicemail. If I did this same test for a different extension on Node 2, it worked correctly.

This behavior happened for both Node 2's CRA, and other sites CRA's.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
I would turn off sys fwd entirely for 2216 (system/phone related/flags or feature code 353, 352 to turn back on) just in case there's anything screwy in there.  If that doesn't work I'd delete and rebuild his mailbox.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
I would turn off sys fwd entirely for 2216 (system/phone related/flags or feature code 353, 352 to turn back on) just in case there's anything screwy in there.  If that doesn't work I'd delete and rebuild his mailbox.

Deleting and then re-creating the mailbox did the trick. Very odd. Thanks though!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10