Author Topic: Headsets for new 5330E (replacing digital Inter-Tels)  (Read 6329 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Headsets for new 5330E (replacing digital Inter-Tels)
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
We are 2 months away from a move to a new location.  We are keeping our 5000 and MAS but replacing our digital Inter-Tel phones with Mitel 5330E IP Endpoint Devices with HTML Display.

We have about a dozen headsets that work with our Inter-Tels.  Usually Plantronics Lifters and either Plantronics headsets or Jabra.

Does anyone know if these headsets will still work with our new phones?  If not, can you recommend a new headset and lifter for the new phones?

Thanks.

Adam in DC (but soon to be Virginia)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Headsets for new 5330E (replacing digital Inter-Tels)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:01:19 PM »
They should work ok but I would go with the Mitel Cordless Headsets if the budget allows.

Much nicer solution than using lifters.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:42 PM »
Thanks.

So, are we talking about this:

http://www.mitel.com/products/business-phones/cordless-wireless-accessories

and/or this::

http://www.mitel.com/products/business-phones/headsets

I just need a little more direction so I can look up part numbers and compare pricing - assuming I can order this anywhere.  Or, is this something I have to get from Mitel Direct (that's who my vendor is on the whole move).

- Adam

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
The Plantronics headsets with lifters will absolutely work with the 5330s.

You'll need to order the Mitel  headsets from your dealer. There's is also a Bluetooth module to install on the phone. You mentioned 5330s, but be aware that the Bluetooth module doesn't work with 5320s.

You might want to see if you can get a demo headset, to see if your end-users like them. The headband is okay, but the ear loop is very uncomfortable.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »
Thanks.  I saw some reviews on Amazon alluding to the comfort issue.  The pricing is quite high as well.  The benefit appears to be that it's truly a Mitel Product with real integration into the phone.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
They should work ok but I would go with the Mitel Cordless Headsets if the budget allows.

Much nicer solution than using lifters.
Uhhgg... the Mitel cordless headsets are terrible... we have had to take back almost everyone we sold for a long time because people thought they were either uncomfortable or had poor audio quality, then we just quite selling them in favor of Plantonics.

To the OP, your headsets will work perfectly. Stop by Menards/Lowes/Home Depot or your local hardware store and pick up some narrow double sided tape, just move the lifters to the new phones and enjoy.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
I'm using the integrated Mitel headset. It's comfortable enough...much easier to use too. No hassle of getting a headset key on phones, no worrying about the puzzle of which cord goes where to work properly, no adjusting of a lifter to make sure the handset doesnt fall off the cradle. Just a simple on and off hookswitch to answer and hangup calls. The lack of wires, programming, and headache far outweighs the "lack of comfort". Just my 2 cents.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
Just a warning, a customer recently upgraded endpoints from 8560's to 8568's (remained digital). We had compatibility issues resulting in humming. Both Plantronics and Mitel confirmed compatibility issues with the older headsets. We ended up upgrading the plantronic headsets to a newer model. Not sure if there are any issues with 53xx endpoints. Also, the lifters do not match up with the rounded Mitel handsets very well, but they do function.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »
Akuhn,

I am not sure about how the other companies deal with this issue, but we tell the customer that the technician look at it and verify that it will work properly with the phone. Some headsets, such as Plantronics, use the Handset cord and in those cases there are very few issues as it is tapped inline with the handset; old school but it works. It is usually when you are using the Headset port on the back of the phone, which you should use if you can, that some headsets do not work "properly". As far as the audio of the built-in headset/handsets that Mitel manufactures I have not had any issues with it in some time now, apart from the occasional bad part which happens with all electronics. As for the Plantronics Headset with a lifter be prepared to take a little time setting them up properly, but once you get one set on the right spot then it is a cookie cutter process to get the rest of them done. I suggest using the phone in its laid back, lower profile, position as there are less issues with the handset failing out once it goes off-hook due to the narrow rounded base at the bottom.

Thanks,

TE

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 01:52:42 PM »
I imagine that if we have working headsets, there's no reason to toss them, since most folks on the lists say they'll work.  I like my Plantronics - although it stopped charging two days ago and haven't been able to troubleshoot it yet. 

The hardest part will be detaching the lifters from the phones before moving day, and then getting a good doublesided adhesive tape to re-attach them to to the new phones.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
Akuhn,

To be honest I find the velcro to work better for setting them up and you can cut it to fit around the speaker better. That way it can be moved pretty easy and reset if it isn't set correctly the first time.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10