Author Topic: Is it possible to edit the programmable key name?  (Read 7180 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Is it possible to edit the programmable key name?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 12:20:44 AM »
Changing the Special Key flag probably was a poor trade off.
Why? I have only used this feature twice in 9 years that I can recall... once in a manufacturing plant in a city that had 355 as a local exchange prefix, and the other escapes me.

I really prefer it off unless absolutely essential to have it on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 08:28:54 AM »
If the user really needs to redirect calls to voice mail, simply press the Redirect key then the Voice Mail key. I don’t see a lot of value to the feature. Chances are by the time they realize their phone is ringing, check the Caller ID, decide that they don’t want to talk to that person, the call has already forwarded to voice mail.

Again, I won’t install a system without requiring Special Key use. After countless times of troubleshooting problems where the end user has accidently enabled or disabled a feature, I had enough. The time when the user kept changing keymaps was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 09:33:23 AM »
If the user really needs to redirect calls to voice mail, simply press the Redirect key then the Voice Mail key.

This doesn't work for me.  "Invalid Forward Destination"
Might be my phone model, but I needed to program a redirect key to test that.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
Try this:  program the phone using 383 as above.  Then go into db programming and under VIEW at the top choose ONLINE MONITOR.  This gives you all sorts of special privileges.  Open up that phantom and under SPEED DIAL NUMBERS you should see that string you programmed.  Try adding a "!" (exclamation mark) in front of the string.  I don't think it's documented anywhere, but that is the secret code that equals SPECIAL.  This is also useful if you need to invoke a feature code during a call, such as a single button to create a conference...just put the whole works under a sta spd preceded by a "!".

You actually could program a sta spd this way instead of using the phone, but unfortunately there's nowhere to name the key this way.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
Try this:  program the phone using 383 as above.  Then go into db programming and under VIEW at the top choose ONLINE MONITOR.  This gives you all sorts of special privileges.  Open up that phantom and under SPEED DIAL NUMBERS you should see that string you programmed.  Try adding a "!" (exclamation mark) in front of the string.  I don't think it's documented anywhere, but that is the secret code that equals SPECIAL.  This is also useful if you need to invoke a feature code during a call, such as a single button to create a conference...just put the whole works under a sta spd preceded by a "!".

You actually could program a sta spd this way instead of using the phone, but unfortunately there's nowhere to name the key this way.

I can not find Speed Dial Numbers anywhere.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »
Found it - duh

and that "!" works perfectly
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:07:16 PM by dan231 »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 08:19:25 AM »
Dan231,

Depending on the software version you are running you can relabel any of the Feature Codes to what you want them to be. I know this is a little late to know now, but it is always good information for those that did not know it could be done.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Feature Codes > Look for a 3rd Column with a Description of LABEL

Keep in mind that Labels can only be 16 Characters long, but it works well with the 53XX style phones, since most customers don't know what Reverse Transfer is I label it Pickup, Record-A-Call = Record Call, etc..

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »
Dan231,

Depending on the software version you are running you can relabel any of the Feature Codes to what you want them to be. I know this is a little late to know now, but it is always good information for those that did not know it could be done.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Feature Codes > Look for a 3rd Column with a Description of LABEL

Keep in mind that Labels can only be 16 Characters long, but it works well with the 53XX style phones, since most customers don't know what Reverse Transfer is I label it Pickup, Record-A-Call = Record Call, etc..

Thanks,

TE

That is good to know!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10