Author Topic: mitel 5000 Analog hotline to outgoing  (Read 4405 times)

Offline imperium1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
mitel 5000 Analog hotline to outgoing
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »
Hello,
I am running a Mitel 5000 version 6.0 PR 5.
I want to use the first analog port to run my fax machine with an Extension of 11021
I am using a 23 channel PRI for dial tones.

What my customer wants to do is make it so they do not have to dial 8 for outgoing faxes.
I've tried setting the house phone on and making it dial 8 or 92001 for trunk access, but it does not allow calls to outbound every time.
a couple of times it has actually accessed my paging system.  (my area starts with a 7 which is the page code)

I've changed the page code to prevent the fax machine using the paging system, but i cannot figure out a reliable method of making the analog set always grab the CO trunk when off hook.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: mitel 5000 Analog hotline to outgoing
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:37:22 PM »
If they never fax internally, I would think you could add the 8 inside the fax machine programming. JMHO....Centrex prefix

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
I've always just used House Phone with 8 or Trunk Group number, which is the way to go. Is it possible their PRI was busy? Also, turn on extended ring and disable camp-on tones in x11021 STN Flags.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
Are you using ARS on that PRI? If so, use 92000 for your house phone.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »
Imperium1,

Setting up a House Phone is usually pretty straight forward and to this day I haven't had any problems with one working when I have verified the following.

Under System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > 11021
1. Associated Extensions > Outgoing Extension > 92000 [or whatever your ARS Feature Code is]
2. Class of Service > Day & Night > Verfiy that nothing is set to block the call types this 11021 will need to call
3. Flags > Set the following flags to Yes and all others to No: Camp-On to ARS, Extended Ring Cadence, Ring Intercom Always, Standard Tone Frequencies, Keep Redial Mode: Dialed, and Hunt Group can stay Replace
4. Verify Account Code Type is set to None
5. Set House Phone to Yes
6. Set House Phone Day & Night to 8 [or whatever your Outgoing Feature Code is]
7. Set Calling Party Number to a valid number on the PRI

Under System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups > PRI Trunk Group
1. Verify that 11021 has Outgoing Access Day & Night

Now, hook your Test Set to the 11021 with the speaker on go off hook and dial your cell or test number slowly and see if the call goes out. If it stops and starts giving beeps then you need to write down the numbers you put in and determine why it is stopping at that point.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:20 AM »
I've had an issue a couple of times with a PRI that didn't like the 8, so I used 92000. Makes no sense, but I sleep better at night by not over-thinking these things.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
DND ON,

The 8 or Outgoing Feature Code just tells the system to look at what is set in the Outgoing Extension of the phone dialing it. What I find is that most technicians forget that by default it is set for 92001 or the first default trunk group. If for some reason they do not have outgoing access on that trunk group or it's class of service is set for ARS Only then it will not work.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10