Author Topic: Remote office phone Setup  (Read 4042 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Remote office phone Setup
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »
later models of the 5304 should be fine even as teleworker phones.

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
I've seen some phones setup where the ICP of the remote site is entered as the teleworker server address, has this been done on the other phones?

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
Not sure if it's been done on the other phones or not.  I haven't been here that long.  What i do know is that teh other phones work and they have a computer hanging off them as well. 

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »
"Option 128 missing" tells me that while the new phone is getting a DHCP offer, it doesn't contain settings that the set recognizes as valid for a Mitel IP phone. So either there's a teleworker involved or the new phone is unable to get onto the correct VLAN, possibly due to L2 switch port configuration issues.

Check the static settings on one of the working phones, particularly look for ICP addresses and VLAN assignments. Also check the L2 switch config, just to be sure the switchport isn't set up for a different VLAN or something. You could even try plugging the new phone into the same switch port as one of the working phones and see if it comes up there. If all else fails, enable the PC port mirroring on the phone and do a Wireshark capture of the boot sequence of both a working phone and the new phone, and compare what looks different.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 04:59:42 PM »
Thanks lundah!  I will give those a try and report back.  Might be a day or so.  I want to say thanks to all that are active on this site. Very quick responses to us less fortunates.  Thanks again!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10