Author Topic: Proper Config of Dynamic Data Extension, MWI, Pullback, etc on a 5000  (Read 5509 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
We have a 5000 running 6.X and a MAS / UCA combo with the UCA at 6.0.220.0

I have had some dumb-luck setting up my own UCA profile to work with Mobile Phone with forwarding and even (almost) dual ringing.

I would greatly appreciate someone taking the time to hopefully quickly explain the optimum settings in the USER section of the 5000 - as it relates to "Active" and "MWI" and "Pullback."  Do I need to enable the DDE on the user as well?

Even though I've reviewed the help files in this section, I'm not confident that I've picked the correct settings.

Yesterday, I entered about 25 mobile numbers of staff into the 5000 and they properly sync'd with the MAS and show up in the MAS UC User accounts.  Now I'd like to go back to the 5000 and make the proper settings to those user accounts with the new mobile phone numbers.  I have some attachments that show the interace I'm talking about.

Thanks for your advice.

Adam in DC

Online Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Akuhn

Normal operation for DEE is that the primary desk phone is set for active along with any devices that you want to utilize during a DEE step; meaning this device will ring when the DEE feature is turned on and activated through a step. Turning on DEE can either be a button on the phone (default 364), through the configuration assistant, the user's web interface, or database programming. The active status is what the UCA Mobile application changes to enable or disable a device in a step, which makes it look as though it is turning off and on DEE when actually DEE is always on. It is recommended by Mitel that the user is not given a DEE Feature button so they can not turn the feature off thus deactivating anything the UCA Mobile application is doing.

MWI/Pullback is a pretty simple concept, but I will start with MWI first. MWI is obviously whether or not you want the Message Waiting indicator for a device to be lit; in the case of desk1 or desk2 devices. If this is set for a mobile device, ie cell phone, then there are some additional settings that need to be set up in the phone system for this to function properly as it actually sends an email or sms message to the phone to alert the user that they received a message in their mailbox. You only need to turn this function on if you want it to receive a message waiting indication for the primary devices mailbox (default desk1) and it is capable of accepting the message waiting indication. Also, as a reminder only Mobile-1 is allowed to receive these messages so there is no need to set MWI/Pullback for Mobile-2.

The Pullback function is also called Handoff under Feature codes, (Default 388), and is used to light the Handoff button on desk phones or IP phones that can be programmed for the Handoff feature. If you do not set this to yes then that device is not capable of pulling a call back from your mobile device. Normally you would want this set to yes for any devices that will have a handoff button programmed on it.

Hopefully I cleared up any confusion you may have had on those features and what you would normally want them set for. By default all Desk Destinations are set yes for Active and MWI/Pullback and Mobile Destinations are set yes for Active and no for MWI/PUllback.

Thanks,

TE

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
This is an awesome explanation that I'll probably refer to many times in the future.  It may help others as well.

I do have a follow up question or observation.

In regards to the 5000 and UCA, it would appear that creating a new mobile destination in the 5000 is but a first step in creating a responsive forwarding situation to a mobile phone.

I have found that merely creating the destination in the 5000 and syncing it with the MAS does not create a true forward.  What you have to do is create the forward in the 5000.  Sync it with the Mas.  Then, create a new entry in your UCA.  In effect, you have your cell number twice.  Then, you can send all calls to the mobile by dropping the menu down and selecting the newly created cell number in your list.  If you only create it in the 5000, that doesn't seem to be enough.  Moreover, if you create the mobile number a second time in UCA and you change your status, you can actually observe your deskphone instantaneously forward to a new number.

To sum up, the MAS and the 5000 do talk to one another and do transfer information from user account to user account, but to get a true responsive fowarding to a mobile phone, you need to enter the # in the 5000 and you also need to enter the number on the UCA side.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and spouting nonsense.

Online Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Akuhn,

Are you referring to having a UCA Status that turns off and on routing to your cell? If that is the case you do not need the second cell only entry.

Try these testing steps to see if you have everything setup correctly.

1. Create a user that has a mobile device destination and put it in the same step as the desk phone.
2. Put a DEE (364) and Handoff (388) on the phone.
3. Use the button to turn on DEE.
4. Have someone call your test phone with the DEE turned on.

The call should go out to the cell phone and if you left all the flags default it should light the handoff button. Pressing the handoff button should pullback the call to the desk phone.

5. Create an account in the UCA server by doing a sync.
6. Verify that the desk phone is PRG 1
7. Verify that the cell is PRG 2 and it is an EHDU (external hotdesk user).
8. Create a status on your desktop client for Mobile Only and one for Desk Only.

Both of those statuses will use your PRG (Personal Ring Group) but uncheck the one that will not be used. This tells the UCA server to send the command to set the active flag of that device to no.

Change between the two statuses as well as the default one called In the Office, which oddly enough is set to ring both the desk phone and cell since the DEE feature should still be turned on. Watch the Active status in the User section of that phone to see it change from Yes to No. If it does that then everything is setup properly and you do not need the second cell entry you were referring to earlier. You will not see this change in Database Programming under the User section though as it will still say Yes under active, but calls will not go to whichever device is not active in the UCA Status.

Personally, I would change the In the Office Status to just ring the Desk Phone and the Mobile to just ring both the Cell Phone and the Desk like the normal DEE operation. If you are using the UCA mobile application then just keep it as Cell Only that way you don't have a status that turns them both on when away from your desk.

Thanks,

TE

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:12:10 AM by Tech Electronics »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10