Author Topic: UCA on Windows 8.1 - not showing presence  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Zac

• View Profile
UCA on Windows 8.1 - not showing presence
« on: May 28, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
Hi All!  Frequent visitor, first time poster.  I have recently did my first Mitel install with UCA.  I was able to get most of the computers there running without much problem, except one.  It is the only Windows 8.1 computer.  The user can login with no problem, and can see all the extensions working off this system but it shows no phone or chat presence.  By that I mean it doesn't show a picture of a green (or red) phone next to the user's name.  There is just no (picture of a) phone at all.  There is also no chat bubble (for those who are using UCA).  As I said this station is using Windows 8.1, tomorrow I am bringing my Windows 8.1 laptop to test.  Is anyone familiar with this issue?  Is this a Windows 8.1 thing, or something else?  I should also mention this user can not only login UCA, but also initiate calls by double clicking on a contact.  I haven't tried initiating a chat from a different user, I will do that tomorrow.  I tried looking for OS compatibility for UCA, but the best I could find says Windows 8, not 8.1.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UCA on Windows 8.1 - not showing presence
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
I run UCA on 8.1 and don't have an issue.

It almost sounds to me like this particular user's account within UCA isn't licensed. It wouldn't show presence then, or give them the chat options.

Offline Steve

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: UCA on Windows 8.1 - not showing presence
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Interestingly enough I just ran into the same issue while I work testing the UCA/Lync connector. 

There was no presence for the user or phone icon to show default communication device. I had even recreated the account many times, changing and adjusting things to try to get it to work.

So I actually deleted my known working account and recreated it using the same profile I wanted this testing UCA account to have and it worked properly. I then COPIED the working account and changed the details set/mailbox number to match the test account that wasn't previously working.

That made the boo boo better. I'm not sure what was there, perhaps just bugged. I suggest give that a shot. Alternatively, have that same account login to a different OS and try.

Steve

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10