Author Topic: Video Call with the UCA but without the Softphone  (Read 1172 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Video Call with the UCA but without the Softphone
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
I was trying to create a managed status that would allow a staff member with a laptop and UCA client to make a video call utilizing the Mitel Collaboration Server, but without the softphone license installed.

If I created a "mobile" profile that made all of my calls from my mobile phone, I would get the call back from my PBX and I would be able to talk to staff.  However, if I then added video to the call, a second call would be initiated back to my mobile.  This is undesirable. 

If it were a softphone or desktop, the video would just appear and add on to the original call.

It would seem to be that a video call involving a mobile phone has to be initiated from the beginning as a video call in order for it to not create a second call.  Not terrible, but not as slick as the built in deskphone or softphone.

This is a "what if" scenario.  I only have 5 softphone licenses and only 2 are in use.  My thinking is if that teleworking becomes popular, I wanted to figure out a way to use the UCA Client and a mobile phone without adding softphone licenses. 

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10