Author Topic: Mitel UCA app for iPhone/iPad  (Read 3168 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
Mitel UCA app for iPhone/iPad
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:29:14 AM »
Hi all,

I noticed this app in the app store and think it could be useful for our users. How would we go about getting our Mitel 5000 set up for this? Is it simply a case of forwarding some ports? (I suspect not). We currently use Xarios Phone Manager on users desktops.

Separately, I have question about softphones. Which softphones are compatible with the Mitel 5000? An engineer has given me Inter-tel 8602, but despite installing without issue, it won't run on Windows 8.1 (get a runtime error immediately after launching). We have some Mac's out in the field, so would be interested in softphones that work on Mac too.

What are others using? And what additional licenses are required, if at all?

Thanks

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Mitel UCA app for iPhone/iPad
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:04:09 AM »
The Mitel UCA App for Smart Phones requires, to the best of my knowledge, the Mitel UC Server running on the Mitel MAS, which is separate from the 5000.  I have the 5000 and those other items.  The smartphone app allows me to mimic my desktop app and change statuses, as well as chat to logged in users on the desktop. 

There are other features as well.

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:10:17 AM »
Thanks,

Can you also make and receive calls on the mobile app?  Haven't heard of the Mitel MAS before, is that an application running on a server? or an appliance?

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
You can make calls on the desktop UCA app.  Depending on your configuration and PBX, there are things you can do mobile that simulate calling from the office, but you're not "really" calling from the app.

I found this link on a dealer's site in AU

http://www.tienetworks.com.au/products/telephony/mitel/mitel-applications-suite-mas

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:52 AM »
I have had X-Lite Softphone running on the 5000, it requires a CAT F license as it's a SIP endpoint.

The next version of Xarios Phone Manager can be upgraded to include a Softphone, saw it working last week at their premises in Manchester, looks pretty slick.

Should be out in about 3 or 4 weeks they reckon.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10