Author Topic: Newbie Question - Needs help  (Read 1779 times)

Offline lneib

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Newbie Question - Needs help
« on: May 02, 2014, 04:13:18 PM »
My company just got its first VoIP phone for the Mitel system, we purchased a 5320 handset.  Anyway when I view the default keymap for the screen on the phone matches what is in the database.  However when I go to the programmable keys section for the extension that screen does not match to what is on the phone screen.  According to the programmable keys section for the extension it tells me that there are functions programmed for buttons 10-12 when in fact there is nothing programmed on those buttons.  Can someone help or answer this question?  I am new to the Mitel world so if this question sounds stupid I apologize in advance.  I have only dealt with Avaya phone switches in a past life.

thanks in advance
  -LNEIB

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Question - Needs help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »
This can be very confusing and it goes back to the days of Inter-Tel's first phones.  In the old days you clicked on a picture of a key to program it, where now you have a map with numbers that relate to a list on the right.   PROGRAMMABLE KEYS do not have a fixed relationship to positions on the key map except for what you establish within db programming.  So, for example, key number 10 on the picture COULD be programmed as a feature key, a PKM (user) key, a station speed dial key, several other choices OR a USER PROGRAMMABLE key.  If you make it a USER PROGRAMMABLE key you then have to tell it what UP key it is...anything from 1 to about 45.  Then elsewhere in a table called USER PROGRAMMABLE KEYS you program what you want the default value to be.  So lets say you program UPK # 21 to be RECORD.  Then you put UPK # 21 under key 10 on the 5320.  Now that key will, by default, be RECORD, but a user can reprogram it either through keystrokes or the web interface.  Bottom line, within programming a single key is RECORD, UPK 21 and key 10, depending where you are in programming.  So when you look at the actual key map you'll see only UPK 21, not RECORD.  But the display on the phone shows the current value of OPK 21, which is RECORD, unless a user modifies it...then it changes to the new value.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
My previous post does assume that this particular extension is assigned to the key map you're looking at, also that phone has not selected ALTERNATE KEY MAP, feature code 399 toggles between the two maps.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 10:22:50 PM »
The other thing I was thinking about is the default keymap. I find that it's useless, and always create new ones that are specific to each model phone.

Offline lneib

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:40 AM »
thank for the assistance, with the additional information we are working through the issues.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10