Author Topic: 5000 off node reception kludge  (Read 1778 times)

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
5000 off node reception kludge
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
Here is a request I received today.   I am open to all input / hackery on this, I'm not too sure about it all being possible.

The client wants an Attendant to field unanswered calls from other nodes. Where things are getting tricky for me is handling when that attendant is not available or not even in the building that day.

Loop start calls come in on any 5 remote nodes.  There locally a CRA plays and times out to huntgroup to ring the sets there for 18 seconds.  No problems.
Now, after 18 seconds, IF the off-node attendant is marked available, the call should ring that attendant set. If the attendant is on another call, calls should camp or hold there at a call key or something. If for some reason the attendant is marked available but doesn't take the call, then the call can hit the mailbox associated to the attendant set.

Now the worst part for me, if the off-node attendant is not marked available, the call flow should ignore the attendant altogether and just timeout to an off-node CRA after the 18 seconds just like it does now..aka go to voicemail.  The rub here is that each node times out to a specific off-node CRA to play a specific greeting.

When I refer to the Attendant being marked available, I mean either being logged on as an agent or having the hunt group flag set, or however the best way to indicate that is.  Thanks for any forewarnings and wisdom.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5000 off node reception kludge
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »
The attendant being off-node isn't the issue. You can't have calls both camp on to a station and ignore it. Pick one behavior and the routing is pretty simple.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
Sounds like you might be able to get where you want to go by using SYS FWD at attendants.  Set up one FWD path if  att busy or no answer, a different path if att DND.  Att would be recall for ring in HG.  You can set up SYS FWD for both local att and central att.  Remember that some situations won't follow SYS FWD...if that's the case, first pass the call through a CRA with no recorcing and timeout to destination (attendant) and that will break the flow. For example, if SYS FWD for local att sends call to central att, forwarded call won't follow central att SYS FWD; inserting a blank CRA between atts will cause it to appear to central att as a non-fwd call and it will then follow central att SYS FWD path.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »
dwayne, that is exactly the type of insight I was looking for. Thanks for that.  I am in the process of experimenting with all of that now.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10