Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - UCE/Oaysis/CSM problems  (Read 3311 times)

Offline cbadmn

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 - UCE/Oaysis/CSM problems
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »
I have problems with our Mitel 5000 consistently allowing connections to the OAI2 port.  We have purchased UCE for TAPI support in our CRM, but often times the software won't connect to the phone system, the CSM reporting software won't communicate, the Oaysis software won't connect etc.

We don't have the UCX Support option on the Tools dropdown, so is there another way to go in and increase the number of socket connections on that port?  Mitel hasn't been very forthcoming on fixing this issue, rather then rebooting the phone system nightly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:49:49 PM by cbadmn »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - UCE/Oaysis/CSM problems
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
Cbadmn,

I would hate to say, "No", as I would be lying to you, but I will not tell you how to do it and most likely no other technician will either since it can cause problems. The solution to having too many OAI Connections is to purchase a CT Gateway to handle the problem, that is if it is your problem to begin with.

Now, if it is then you have a little issue as the CT Gateway version 4.5 (current release) will only be supported on three Window OS Versions: XP, 2000, and 2003. As we all know XP is being discontinued next month (April 8, 2014), 2000 already is, and 2003 is also going to be discontinued this year; so yeah.

The rumor is that they are coming out with version 5.0 at the end of this Month (March 2014) that will be supported on Windows 7 & 8, but I have also heard from some that the field trials are having issues with it; so it may be pushed back if they can not get those resolved in time.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cbadmn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »
Cbadmn,

I would hate to say, "No", as I would be lying to you, but I will not tell you how to do it and most likely no other technician will either since it can cause problems. The solution to having too many OAI Connections is to purchase a CT Gateway to handle the problem, that is if it is your problem to begin with.

Now, if it is then you have a little issue as the CT Gateway version 4.5 (current release) will only be supported on three Window OS Versions: XP, 2000, and 2003. As we all know XP is being discontinued next month (April 8, 2014), 2000 already is, and 2003 is also going to be discontinued this year; so yeah.

The rumor is that they are coming out with version 5.0 at the end of this Month (March 2014) that will be supported on Windows 7 & 8, but I have also heard from some that the field trials are having issues with it; so it may be pushed back if they can not get those resolved in time.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks for the info.  I got one of Mitel's outsourced techs out to look at the issue.  If this is going to require buying more hardware, I'm more inclined to get rid of the UCE/Tapi config and stick with CSM/Oaysis.  We'll see.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:36:57 PM »
Cbadmn,

That is probably for the best, but to let you know by default the Level 2 OAI can support only 3 socket connections on a base 5000 and if you upgrade your system to a larger processor it can handle more, but the CT Gateway is the better solution.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cbadmn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »
Good to know, thank you.  I increased the port count to 30, if it causes issues, I'll drop it back down, and get rid of the UCE for a third party solution for our CRM.

Again, thanks for the help.

Offline jake22

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 08:46:49 PM »
cbadmn,

I have a new 5000 install with Oaisys. what do you need to program in the 5000 to interface with Oaisys?
Do you need to assign static IP to each IP phone?
How does Oaisys capture audio, port mirroring by static IP ?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 08:02:51 AM »
Cbadmn,

Depends on whether it is using trunk side or station side recording.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10