Author Topic: Night Mode Ring  (Read 8270 times)

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Night Mode Ring
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Alright to start off I don't know a ton about phone programming.  We have a Mitel 5000 that was setup by another company I am Network Admin.  I have learned enough to make me dangerous.  Anyways my company wants to setup night mode.  What they want is during nite and weekends when system goes into night mode they want the system to ring everywhere not just at the receptionists table due to the fact that we have people that work crazy hours and on weekends.  I have setup a second hunt group that includes all the phones and set it accordingly for nite mode.  When I manually kick the system to nite mode to test and call the office it rings everywhere but only once and goes straight into autoattendant.  I have searched all over for ring delay/forward rule for nite but have not found anything that specifies nite mode rings.  I have not found any settings different for day/nite modes in any class of service or system settings.  Though I may have missed something.
Also I have attached a image of the programming for star for day setting.  Would this be correct or do I need to do something else.  I have dug through manuals for this system and can not seem to find anything on day/nite programming other than you can hit 9860 from a admin phone to change the state of the system.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Re: Night Mode Ring
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
So this may be a bit complicated, but try to stay with me...

First off, your STAR looks to be programmed on 1 for day settings. Usually people program their day settings towards the bottom (18,19 or 20) to leave room for conditional routing (holidays, etc.) towards the top. STARs look for matches from top to bottom, if it doesn't find a match for the conditions programmed, it'll use the default application programmed in the root of the STAR application. That's where your Night setting is programmed. This is all well and good, but it seems you guys want to kick it into night mode manually (9860). Your CO Trunk Group will have Day Ring in Destination and Night Ring in Destination. When your system is in Day mode (not to be confused with your STARs programming), it'll follow that. When your system is manually put into Night Mode (9860), it'll follow the Night Ring in Destination. Seems you guys want to automatically go into an "after hours" state using STARs so you won't likely be using the Night Mode (9860). Instead, follow your default application in the root of the STAR and see where it's going. What you want to happen can be accomplished by sending the default application to a Call Routing Announcement with Day and Night Greetings removed, Digit Translation table programmed for Timeout to Transfer to Extension - Hunt Group with members being an Extension List with all the phones you want to ring. Recall will then be programmed to ANOTHER Call Routing Announcement with Day and Night Greetings removed and Timeout set to Transfer to mailbox -- receptionist's mailbox or whatever general mailbox you guys have set up.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »
If you are manually putting the system into night mode, I wouldn’t bother with a STAR application. If you don’t understand them well, they’re easy to mess up.

I’d agree that the easiest solution would be point your night ring-in destination at a hunt group that recalls to voice mail. Remember to adjust the hunt group recall timer. BTW, how many phones do you have? All-ring hunt groups shouldn’t exceed 30 phones.

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »
Alright I traced my problem on it not ringing.  I was using an existing Phone Extension List and upon examining it had the auto attendant in the list.  I created a new extension list and it is working correctly now for manually kicking the system to night.

I went under 1 for STAR well because I did not know any better and changed the Day/Night Mode from Both to Day.  Everything else was like that and default application is none.  I will change it to 20.  Will I need to change the default application to something (like STAR) or will the way it was setup work.

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:16:06 PM »
I think I understand what you are saying now with the Call Routing Announcements and programming.

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »
Alright I thought I would give programming STAR a shot.
I have a Day CRA with Day/Night greeting setup.
I created a Night CRA with No Day/Night greeting with timeout going to a hunt group of all. I set the recall destination to the Day CRA.
I then setup the default application for STAR to the night CRA and called to test.  Nothing changed, still ringing at reception.  I had seen online that you would have to modify the Call routing Tables under Trunk Related Information to your STAR. My Routing Tables were all blank so i created one with ring in destination pointing to STAR.  Though when I call in it still only rings out at the reception area instead of anywhere.  Under STAR all 20 of the slots applications are set to none.
What am I missing.

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:46:19 AM »
You only program the Call Routing Table if your CO Trunk Group under Devices and Features Codes is set to go to Call Routing Table on the Day/Night Ring In Destinations. If you just have analog lines you set your Day/Night Ring In Destination to the extension number of the STAR.

The STAR is then programmed with your "Day" hours on let's say 18, Specific Time set to yes, times programmed, Application set to Day CRA extension number.

For Night, that same STAR should have its Default Application set to the Night CRA's extension number.

Offline mavrick

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 11:08:54 AM »
Alright I have setup 3 CRA now. 1 each for Day and Night with no Day/Night Greeting with timeout to respective hunt groups and both recall to a 3rd CRA that has Day/Night Greetings.
I noticed that the system says now directing you call to extension 2000 (which is reception hunt group) before ringing.  Can I turn this off and our secretary said that the caller id did not show up.  I have propagate original caller ID on transfer set to yes.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »
Mavrick,

I am going to let Hovus continue to help you with your STAR Application, but as for the transfer prompt I can point you in the right direction.

There are two ways to solve this problem.

1. Create either a Mailbox or an Extension ID of the Hunt Group and set Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt to NO.
2. Go to Voice Processor > Application Related Information > Auto Attendant Information and set the Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt to NO

Solution 1 allows the voicemail system to see the hunt group and provide individual conditions that can be applied to it.
Solution 2 is the default for all extensions that do not either have a mailbox or an extension ID attached to them.

As for Caller ID is she getting Call Transferred from {CRA Name} and when she answers she is getting the ANI in her display?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10