Author Topic: Emergency 999 not working.  (Read 6022 times)

Offline fredted40x

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Emergency 999 not working.
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
Hi.

7 months after we had the system in place we still ant do 999 calls as the phone company can't work it out so I'm taking over.

The system is unable to make 999 calls. When you try it just alerts the other phones.

I believe this to be excuse of two things.

Our analogue line are on number 7 and not the 1 that I believe it forwards emergency numbers to.

And they have set 9 as the sip trunk for outgoing calls. 

Any ideas on the solution to this one apart from changing the outgoing 9 extension?
I though of creating a hot desk of 999 and forwarding calls through the analogue lines but it won't accept it with 9 as the outgoing.

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:23:54 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't do 999, 9 is sip trunk, 1 isn't analogue anymore.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
Fredted40x,

Can I assume that 999 is for your PSAP [Public Safety Answering Point]? If so there is an easier way to do what you are doing.

Can I also assume that you are using an Outgoing Button or Dialing a digit for outgoing and using ARS?

If so then all you need to do is create a new Facility Group and Route Group for 999. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups and look for the Trunk Group that you want to use for 999 and write the extension number down.

In the Facility Group
System > Numbering Plan > Facility Group : Create a new Group by right-clicking and adding a new one.

In the Dial Rules just have number 4 Echo Local Address
In the Trunk Group/Nodes put in your the CO Trunk Group you want to use for 999

In the Route Group
System > Numbering Plan > Route Group : Create a new Group by right-clicking and adding a new one

In the Dial Patterns put in 999
In the Facility Groups put in the new one you created previously.

Move the new Route Group to the top of the list by dragging and dropping it in. This makes sure that 999 matches for this Route first and goes out the trunks you want to use. Next you want to test the 999 and make sure the PSAP is getting the information you want. If not then post back and we will see what else may have to change to make this work for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't do 999, 9 is sip trunk, 1 isn't analogue anymore.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »
If I understand your question then we have a similar issue in Australia.
Our emergency number is 000 and our outgoing code is normally 0. This is a conflict in the number plan.
There is a Feature Code for Emergency Calls (Normally 112). This is what we use for emergency.
The emergency number 000 is programmed in System > Numbering Plan > Emergency > Emergency Numbers
If your normal outgoing code is 8 then you would have to dial 8 999 otherwise use the Feature Code for Emergency Code.

I would hazard a guess that they have changed or deleted the feature code for emergency calls.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency 999 not working.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »
Fredted40x,

I believe that Sarond is correct on what your issue is as I misunderstood. My previous post was how to pick which CO Trunk Group you wanted the 999 calls to go out of.

If you need more help on figuring out how to fix the problem that what Sarond provided then just post some clarification questions and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

TE

Offline fredted40x

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »
Thanks both for your replies.
Tried most of what you said tech electronics before seeing your post after my original post.

We seem to be able to do 7 999 which sends it through the analogue lines. They tried it out when they needed it on Fri.

9 999 doesn't seem to work for the sip lines, believe there is a form that they didn't fill in. Was hoping there would be a way to divert 999 calls when people press four 9s to the analogue lines.

Have brought it up with my manager about changing the outgoing call to 8 instead of 9 for sip.
Could hopefully then use numbering plans to divert the three 9s through the analogue lines.

Does that sound like it might work?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
Fredted40x,

Yes, changing your SIP trunks to a dial 8 would allow you to use the Feature Code properly and using my previous post you can direct them to always go out of your Analog (POTS) Lines.

Personally, I am not sure why you would have one code to go out of the POTS lines and one to got out your SIP lines instead of letting ARS handle it for you that way you only need one Outgoing Feature Code, but I am sure there is a logical reasoning behind it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 06:29:17 PM »
Set the Outgoing Feature Code to 8
Set the Emergency Feature code to 999
Set the Phones outgoing Feature Code to ARS (92000 by default) under associated extensions, or directly to the SIP Trunk group if you don't need to use ARS.
Set the Phones Emergency Feature Code to Analogue Trunk Group 92001 for eg under associated extensions.

Now if the users dial 8x or OUTGOINGx they will go over the SIP trunks.

If the user dials 999 it goes straight out over the analogue trunks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:36:41 AM by NTEDave »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 08:38:48 PM »
NTE Dave,

That is interesting and I always wondered what would be the differences between some of the default databases for other countries. Now I know that the default for ARS and CO Trunk Groups are and most likely the Trunks as well.

United States Defaults:
Outgoing: 8
ARS: 92000
CO Trunk Groups: 92001
Trunks: 94000

Also, the answer you gave him is solid although our company default database uses the ARS Feature Code for both the Outgoing Extension and the Emergency Extension, but from what I gathered he is using the Feature Code 7 (Default Paging in the US) for Analog Trunks so that is either Outgoing or ARS now; is my assumption. Then they have Feature Code 9 (Not a Default Feature Code as a single digit in the US) set to access the SIP Trunks so this would have to be whichever one Feature Code 7 is not. It still doesn't make sense to me why someone would program it that way, but I am sure there is a reason even though it is beyond my comprehension at this point.

Thanks,

TE

Offline fredted40x

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 06:44:07 AM »

It still doesn't make sense to me why someone would program it that way, but I am sure there is a reason even though it is beyond my comprehension at this point.

:). I'm saying that with a lot of things when fixing bits and pieces.

Hence why the contract with the current phone company won't be renewed.

Have completed your original post Tech Electronics.  I was almost there but just needed to change the order.

Using 9 998 as a test number it looks like its routing it through the trunk group 7 with the analogue lines.

Can't test 999 as they don't accept test calls but from testing it looks like 9 999 now works which is what thy used before the mitel system was in.

Will ask them in the office to use it next time with the expectation of having to use 7 999 straight away if not. 

Thanks for your help all. Can't say it's defiantly fixed yet but it looks good.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 08:27:31 AM »
Fredted40x,

Not a problem and I hope that you get the system programmed the way you want it. My suggestion though is that you find a different Mitel dealer to work with as well. I know for a fact there are some great technicians in the UK as proven on these forums everyday so maybe you can ask some of them who they work for or any suggestions of other dealers in your area.

Anyway, I will post a document of my notes on 911 that I am using for a manual that I am writing. It is a rough document that makes total sense to me, and hopefully a few others, but maybe you can use it to figure some more information out on your system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 11:37:45 AM »
Sorry, I was being a numpty in my previous post, amended the leading digits of the default feature access codes  ::)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10