Author Topic: Cord Headset. Must be Idle for this feature...  (Read 2196 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
Cord Headset. Must be Idle for this feature...
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Got a headset with a cord and I need to know how to program it.  Its a Plantronics unit that plugs into the back of the mitels headset jack.

I programmed a key on the mitel for feature code 317, Headset Enable/Disable.  I thought this would work great, but it only works when the phone is in "idle mode", so it can not be used during a call.

Right now if I have headset mode enabled and I want to say, hang up on a call, I can press the handset hand up button (under the phones earpiece) and it wont do anything, and there is no other keys that I can press to hand up, so I have to wait for the other person to hang up before the phone goes back to Idle mode, where I can then disable the headset again by pressing the 317 feature key!

I'd like to be able to cancel or hang up a call, but I'm not sure what the logic the mitel is looking for.  Can I program the "X" key (#5 on the keymap) to be the cancel button?

Thanks!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cord Headset. Must be Idle for this feature...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
Use the speaker buton to hang up.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:28:55 AM »
Unclejemima,

DND ON is correct about the Speaker button disconnecting the call, but I believe you can do what you want if you reconfigure how you have your Plantronics Headset connected to the phone.

I have not worked much with those, but depending on the headset model I believe instead of using the Headset Jack that you could use the Handset Jack and then plug the handset into the headset base where you should see a handset icon. At this point you don't need the Headset button and the Headset base should have a button that allows you to answer and hangup the phone from there. If you do not have a model that supports this setup then you will have to use the speaker button to hangup on a call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »
Thanks guys.

This model of Plantronics does not have any buttons, so I'll be using the speaker button to disconnect my calls.

Just tried and it works fine.  Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10