Author Topic: Changing from Application to Hunt Group Issue  (Read 2907 times)

Offline blaatz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Changing from Application to Hunt Group Issue
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »
I currently have about 15 toll free numbers routed through separate applications in order to display where the calls are coming from to track sales.  We would like to now have them all routed to a hunt group.  Is there any way to still display tracking information instead of the caller ID of the caller?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Changing from Application to Hunt Group Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:02:41 PM »
On a ringing call second line display should show "XFR FROM <name>".

Offline blaatz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »
All it is showing is my phone number since it isnt routing through the application anymore.  Is there any way to route the call through the application, then to the hunt group?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »
Sure...make the TIME OUT digit translation TRANSFER TO EXTENSION <hunt group number>.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
Brian,

I am kind of confused on how you had this set up prior to wanting to change it. If you sent all calls through an application where did it time out to in the first place? Were customers allowed to dial digits or was there an IVR that captured information prior to sending it to your call center? Are you not wanting to track that information anymore and now just sending them all to a single hunt group? I am just interested in how you set this up before as I never had set up a call center that way.

I would create several hunt groups to send the calls to and then turn off Outside Calling Party Information has Priority on the stations in the Hunt Groups. That way whatever you have as the description of the DID in the Call Routing Tables is what shows up on their Display. This also allows you to provide some numbers with a higher answer priority by setting those hunt groups priority to a higher number so there calls will be answered before ones of a lower priority even if the hunt group members are the same for all hunt groups. Also you can still track this information separately as each number goes to a different hunt group with its own ASA.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »
Tech E, question for you..
Does turning off 'Outside Calling Party Information has Priority' affect ALL calls to the hunt group member whether its a HG call or direct ext call?

I have always used a CRA to "label" calls before they went to hunt group (when client prefers to know HOW to answer call, as opposed to knowing caller's ID). I never thought of turning off 'Outside Calling Party Information has Priority' but that sounds like a more elegant fix in some situations. Thanks for post. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 05:59:44 AM »
Mem5449,

Unfortunately yes it does turn it off for all Outside Party Calls, but the good thing is, in my experience, that in most situations with a call center it doesn't matter to the CSR what the Caller ID is; only how to answer it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
I usually go with dwayneg's configuration:

Use one destination Hunt Group; create a separate CRA for each DNIS (remove default greetings & T/O to HG); name CRA's (Cust Svc, New Sales, VIP, etc...); create Ext ID for HG (set Auto Att Xfr Prompt to "No"); Point DID's to CRA's in Call Routing Tables.

HG members will see call transferred from "Cust Svc", "New Sales", "VIP" and can answer with the according script or greeting used for that call type.

You can then run call volume reports on each CRA for traffic analysis.

I only use multiple HG's of I need to implement prioritization (poor man's skill based routing), or in large call centers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10