Author Topic: 5610 Dect IP Phone not in IC directory  (Read 2218 times)

Offline milbank

• View Profile
5610 Dect IP Phone not in IC directory
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Hi All

We have had a mitel 5000 system installed about 3 weeks ago all working well but we have 3 5610 dect ip phones whose exts aren't showing up in the IC directory on the normal digital phones. Any ideas ?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5610 Dect IP Phone not in IC directory
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
Milbank,

Do you have something in the description and the username for those phones. Also don't start them with odd characters such as a ~ which hides them in the voicemail directory. If you do it starts them with a * in the IC directory.

Thanks,

TE

Offline milbank

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 10:41:31 AM »
No just the users name nothing else, I've been through the entire directory and they're not there, ive been told by our supplier that this is the case as they are quite new but im sceptical !!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »
Milbank,

Put a name in the description following this format however you like.

[lastname], [firstname]

and they will show up for you then. This is how things are found by either lastname or firstname the , is the delimiter that lets the system know which is which.

Thanks,

TE

Offline milbank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
TE

Thanks for your replies however the description is already in this format ?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
Millbank,

Oh, I must of understood you wrong then when I saw this statement it sounded like you didn't have anything in the description area.

No just the users name nothing else, I've been through the entire directory and they're not there, ive been told by our supplier that this is the case as they are quite new but im sceptical !!

Nothing else in the system will stop a station from showing up in the IC Directory, but a special character such as a ~ will stop it from showing up in the Voice Mail Directory.

It may be that your vendor is correct on this one, but I have never noticed it before so it may be an issue with your version of software. I installed some 5610 a couple of years ago when they first came out for the 5000 and they showed up in the IC Directory as expected.

Direct from my notes on the subject.

If you do not program the description and user name for the phones on the local node, the local phones will not display in the IC directory. The description of an individual phone is used in the IC directory and the Username appears on phone displays. To ensure proper operation of voice processor directories, the full name should be entered in the form: Last name, First name. Do not use slash (/), backslash (\), vertical bar (|), or tilde (~) characters in usernames. Do not use Control characters or punctuation marks in descriptions or usernames although both lowercase and uppercase letters are permitted for all user names.

Thanks,

Te

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10