Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Voicemail not answering for a user  (Read 3941 times)

Offline dfosbenner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Voicemail not answering for a user
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
I have a new Mitel 5000 system.  Testing it out tonight from home, when I call my number it doesn't go to my voicemail, but rings for about a minute and goes to a busy signal.  Other users' VM is working.  We all have DID numbers.

I have the DB Programming app, and I looked through the Voice Processor section, but nothing is jumping out as to why my box isn't working.  I am able to call the VM system directly using a back door extension, and I can get to my box, where I can manage my settings and listen to messages.  Just not sure why it's not picking up when I call my number.

If anyone knows what I can check, I'd appreciate it!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Voicemail not answering for a user
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
The issue isn't with the voice mail, but is the station's forward path. The easiest solution is to identify a station that works how you want yours to work, and copy their forwarding.

Offline dfosbenner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Forwarding Path appeared to be correct, however I continued comparing settings on this extension to the others and eventually found the issue.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > (ext #) > Flags > System Forwarding = Yes

Mine was on No.  Changed it, it works now.  Thanks!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 08:41:16 AM »
System Forwarding On/Off is a feature code, 353 or 354.  Chances are you dialed an outside call starting with one of those prefixes without pressing outgoing first and invoked the feature code.  If you did it others will too, probably a local exchange in your area.  I'd suggest re-numbering that rarely-used feature code so you won't be annoyed by people invoking it by mistake...maybe change to 98354 or something.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »
Even better, enable Special Key Required for Feature Code Entry.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10