Author Topic: HX linked to Aastra 415  (Read 3485 times)

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
HX linked to Aastra 415
« on: April 11, 2014, 04:43:20 AM »
I have just installed an HX and connected it to an Aastra 415 system by SIP in order to get a good DECT solution. ISDN2e is connected to the HX.

Dialling between extensions and outgoing from the Aastra DECT phones is fine but I cannot find a way to make the Aastra DECT phones ring for incoming hunt group calls. The hunt group contains an Extension List so all phones ring together.

I have tried Phantoms and Dynamic Extension but these work on calls to an extension and hunt group calls do not follow the divert.

I also tried putting a CRA in the hunt group but this answers the call as it dials the Phantom, meaning that the 5340 handsets in the hunt group also stop ringing.

Can anyone suggest anything?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:34:15 AM by ralph »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HX linked to Aasra 415
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:20:31 AM »
IPinstaller,

The problem I believe that you have is that you used SIP Trunks to integrate the two systems together and you can not directly ring any type of trunk with a Hunt Group. A better solution is to use analog ports tied to analog trunks and then each DECT phone is associated with a particular trunk on its system which in turn is tied to a particular analog station on the 5000. When configured this way the integration is solid and makes it easier to program different applications that integrate the DECT phone as though they were actual phones off the 5000.

Thanks,

TE

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
Hi TE.

Thanks for the reply.

However, the customer wants to see incoming CLI on the DECT phone and I don't think this will pass through the SL port to analogue trunk on the Aastra.

The customer will also want to be able to transfer calls between the two systems.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »
IPInstaller,

You can send CLI through to the DECT Phones using Analog ports and as for transferring calls between the two systems it will be easier to do from the 5000 to the Aastra then from the Aastra to the 5000, but it is possible.

From the 5000 side the Aastra will look like an analog port and from the Aastra side the 5000 will look like a trunk. We do this alot and if you want to make it really nice you will have analog ports and trunk ports going both ways, which is how we set them up if the customer doesn't want to think about how to transfer calls.

If you can figure out how to get SIP devices, not trunks, set up between the two then the problem becomes much easier, but we have not found a system that supports that setup yet; although there may be one out there if you look hard enough. That way both sides see the other as a SIP phone and can transfer calls back and forth along with Caller ID.

Thanks,

TE

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 04:31:56 AM »
Hi TE.

I have installed an analogue card in the Aastra and connected the CL ports to it and this works well. However, CLI is not passed between the two. The call is shown as Unknown.

The correct Caller ID etc flags are enabled but it still does not pass.

Any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »
IPInstaller,

The analog card should have been in the 5000 not the Aastra, and the Aastra should have a trunk card to accept the analog ports. That way the Aastra looks like an analog port to the 5000 and using the flags on the analog ports to propagate caller id should pass the actual CID or the Station Extension to the Trunk of the Aastra. To the Aastra the 5000 will look like a trunk or a central office since it is providing "dial tone" to those trunks via the analog ports.

System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Progagate Original Caller ID on Transfer > {stations}

We did have a problem with a system once that did not look at caller ID properly from 5000, but it was a European manufacturer and they did not implement it properly for US Caller ID.

You can still keep the setup you have so that they 5000 looks like an analog port to the Aastra which should make transfer easier from the Aastra side, but that is up to you or the customer.

Thanks,

TE

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 07:45:28 AM »
Hi TE.

I may have explained it wrong.

The Aastra has an analogue trunk card connected to the SL ports on the HX.

The SL ports are in the hunt group for incoming calls and ring fine but don't pass caller ID.

Transferring calls between the two systems works fine as I have done this by SIP.

Perhaps it's the Aastra, being a Euro system, which sees CLI in a different format.

Thanks.
Bart.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 04:41:40 PM »
IPInstaller,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply I have been out of pocket for awhile working on several projects at once.

So, You have Caller ID - CO and IC turned on for all the analog ports which means you should also have Extended Ring Cadence turned on for Caller ID - IC to work.

Have you tried to put a regular phone on the Analog port and verify that you are getting the Caller ID information?

If you hook the Aastra up to a regular POTS line does it capture the Caller ID correctly?

I have had the problem once with a European phone system not being able to correctly capture the Caller ID and after working with them for a few weeks we got it worked out after replacing a few chipsets.

The only other option you may have is if the Aastra can support T-1/E-1 you may be able to get it to work properly with the 5000 since it can be setup as an E-1 with OPX circuits. That way if it is an issue with the system recognizing Caller ID that should eliminate the problem, but it is a costly fix to go that route.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10