Author Topic: Difference in programming Axxess and Mitel 5000...  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
Difference in programming Axxess and Mitel 5000...
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:52:11 PM »
Potential customer has an Axxess 5.4 system. I have been trained on Mitel 5000 4.2 and newer. Are there any similarities in the database programming matrix?

Jim

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Difference in programming Axxess and Mitel 5000...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
Crowtalks,

If you view the 5000 in Classic View it looks very similar to that. There are obviously a lot of differences between the software version though, but for the most part they work the same and you should have many problems at all. If you do don't hesitate to post questions here as I was trained on Axxess Version 2.3 and I am sure there are others on here that have just as much experience on the Axxess platform.

Major Differences are:

No inherent IP choices and the CPU card will not have a network interface so you will need to have a serial connection to work on it and the correct adapter for the DB9.
Conference only allows for a total of 4 parties
There isn't a users section as DEE wasn't even thought of yet
As of 5.0 they were allowed to network the system together and 5.1 was an amalgam of 4.4 and 5.0.
They did have an external processor call that was the same as the newer Voice Processing Units (VPU) that run on Windows.
The VPU was a separate PC that was still integrated and programmed the same as the version you are used to now, except the Unified Messaging part.
No Calling Party or Emergency Calling Party Number under the station
Phantom ports didn't exist so you created phantom cards in phantom cabinets or you made the port with an MDPM (Modem Data Port Module) and then used the Single Line as the Phantom

I am sure there are more differences, but I can't think of any others right now, but the reality is that the software hasn't changed so much that it would be impossible to work on.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »
One huge difference, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong here as I was just trained on 5000 at 6.0, but have had the unfortunate task of trying to bring several down Axxesses up) software versions are hardcoded to CPUs and can't be upgraded same as 5000s. Upgrades on Axxesses are CPU card swaps.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
Hovas,

Let me be the first to tell you that you are wrong depending of the CPU Card type and Version. At that version there was a CPU 256 and a CPU 512 and both could be upgraded by uploading different software and changing out some chip sets. Later on there as a CPU 64 and a CPU 128 added to the mix and then after that there was the CPC which is just like the CS-5000 when it came to upgrading the software and CPU Type as it could be a 128, 256, or 512 depending on an additional card and paying for the license to a higher CPU type.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
Thankfully 90+% of the AXXESS terminology was continued in the 5000 series so they are close enough that you'll be able to find yer way around rather well. Don't worry about upgrading any of your Axxess systems. If they need a feature that's not in the Axxess, just get em into a 5000 straight away (no learning curve for Axxess end users). Yes, you'll probably have to re-key the database (unless you wanna do Axx ver.X to 5000 v1 and THEN again to 5000 v5 or 6. but its not the end of the world unless you're doing A LOT OF STATIONS.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10