Author Topic: Routing and Transfer to Voicemail  (Read 4269 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Routing and Transfer to Voicemail
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
Hello All,

First I want to say thanks to everyone that helps out on this forum.  I think it's one of the better forums I've been on is quite some time.  I know enough about the 5000 to be dangerous but you guys make it better for guys like me.  So thanks again!  Now for my Question.

I have a user that is r3emnote and I have her setup with an IP phone.  A few times a week she comes into the office to work during tax season and we need to forward her phone.  What I currently do is have her forward her phone to the office she will be sitting in (X623 is plugged in there) that way she still gets her calls.  The problem is, her calls don't go to voicemail at all.  Is there a better way to setup her extension to move from outside to inside?  Do I have to setup a separate forward path so that she can get calls t go to voicemail?  Any comments or suggestions are welcome.  would love to get this taken care of.  Thanks again for all the assistance in the past and future. 

Perry

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Re: Routing and Transfer to Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 04:07:31 PM »
Sounds like this user would benefit from having a Hot Desk profile. System wide license is needed though. May or may not have it already.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
Hot desking sounds like the way to go.

However, you may have an earlier version that does not have host desking. If the office x-623 is only used by her, build a new fwd path that has x623 as point1 and VM as point2, and assign to her remote phone ext (x-ABC). When she is not using x-623 (leaves for the day), have her put in DND, so calls will ring remote x-ABC, then go to MB-ABC. So system forwarding will replace manual forwarding. MB-ABC will only light x-ABC, but you can use remote message notification to have the MB call x-623 via an IC, or have it call a DID pointed to x-163, or even call her cell.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »
619tech,

The way it is now is that she uses X-114 since that has been her extension for years.  If I put in the new forwarding path in X-623 will that send her voicemail to her X-114 mailbox?  I'm not really clear on how that is going to work.  I just didn't want her to have to check two different mailboxes.  I am currently looking into the hotdesk licensing to see if that is an option.   Thanks for the replies!

Looks like I do have the license for hot desking.  Looks like this is not the way to go with this since 90% of her time will be remote. 

What I am trying now is to have X-114 forward to a HUNT GROUP, put her new location extension in the group (623) and recall to VM if not answered.  Is this a possibility??? 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:17:15 AM by super6 »

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »
Super6 -

The new fwd path with: x623 (point1) and VM (point2) would be programmed in x114; but if she's only at x114 10% of the time, you probably want to go with the HG like you are thinking. There are a multiple ways to do that, here are a couple:

1) Build a HGxxxx with P-list (all ring) containing x's 114 & 163; build new fwd path with HGxxx (point1) and VM (point2) and assign to x114; use spcl 324 to remove/add x623 to HGxxxx.

2) Change x114 to something new (x-abc); build a new HG-114 (use her name) and put in a P-list with x's abc & 163; HG-114 recall destination to a CRA that times out to MB-abc (old 114); use spcl 324 to remove/add x623 to HG114; people still dial 114 to reach her.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »
619Tech,

Thanks again for the reply.  This user is at her 114 extension 90% of the time that is why I don't think hotdesk is not the way to go.  I do think that the system forward path is the way to go so I will give that one a shot.  thanks for the info!  much appreciated. 

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:10 PM »
I just wanted to share with everyone another way of getting my issue accomplished in case anyone come up with something similar. 

Since the user was only in the office 1 day a week I decided against the system forward ad n the HOTDESK feature.  Instead I went with setting the
USER up with another DYNAMIC EXTENSION EXPRESS destination.  I programmed a button on her phone to turn DEE on and off, then setup DESK and DESK 2 under STEP 1 in USER/Dynamic Extension Express.  I made sure that only Desk and Voicemail were setup under associated Destination.  Now both phones will ring but the bottom line here is that now it will go to voicemail and that was my big issue here.  Hope this helps others!  Thanks again to all that responded.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »
Super6,

If you have Dynamic Extension already licensed on your system then that would be the best route as you can have it ring both phones at the same time and if she doesn't answer it will go to her mailbox.

Thanks,

TE

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »
I already did that.  thanks!

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »
Whenever a user works at more than one extension, then DEE is THE way to go. The only time I get push back from clients is when other don't want to listen to that user's secondary phone ring every time they get a call (and there not there). I have found even when you give a user a DEE key to turn it on and off, they just leave it on all the time.

I wish Mitel's next 5000HX enhancement would be date/time based DEE!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10