Author Topic: Ring multiple Hot Desk numbers via one extension, and and create a mailbox  (Read 4115 times)

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm using the Hot Desk feature and I've been asked to make multiple HD numbers ring at the same time (say 124, 125, 126 and 127), using a new number (say 199). On top of that, the powers that be have requested that this new number have it's own mailbox, attached to each of the HD numbers, which also already have their own mailboxes.

I know the first part is possible, but I don't know how to achieve this. However, I've no idea if the second part is even possible.

Any help and guidance with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Ring multiple Hot Desk numbers via one extension, and and create a mailbox
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 08:22:53 AM »
- Make an extension list with the HD numbers.
- Make a hunt group 199 with the extension list as a member.
- Make a MB 199
- Make a Call Routing Announcement that has no greetings and the only option is T/O to MB 199
- Set the Recall point of HG 199 to be the Call Routing Announcement and adjust timers accordingly.

Should do the trick

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
Gardy,

It seems Acejavelin gave you a great answer, but if you don't want to create the Call Routing Announcement you can just recall to your voicemail application and it will pass the hunt group number id and go to mb 199.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
Gardy,

It seems Acejavelin gave you a great answer, but if you don't want to create the Call Routing Announcement you can just recall to your voicemail application and it will pass the hunt group number id and go to mb 199.

Thanks,

TE
LOL... very  true. It is just force of habit for me to make a CRA for all routing to VM that is not an extension.

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
Thank you both for your reply's.

I'm now managed to set up the Extension List and Hunt group (albeit on 888 as 199 was unavailable  :().

However, I'm struggling with the mailbox bits. I have set up an Associated Mailbox for Hunt Group 888, but I'm not sure what your instructions for the next part mean.

I attach a screen shot of the current settings and I'd be most grateful if you could give this idiot a few more details.

Just to recap, my end goal here is to have a mailbox for a Hunt Group (achieved), with any messages showing on all phones in the HG, not just one (if possible). Each number in the HG also has it's own mailbox.

Also, and this is probably a stupid question, but how do I access the mailbox for this new number 888?!

Many thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
Gardy,

First of all the second part of your question to light all the HD users phones with a message light when a message is recieved is not an option as you probably already figured out it only allows you to Message Notify [1] Extension.

Now, there are a few options for Message Delivery that can emulate Message Notification, but in the end you can only truly Message Notify one of the phones. Usually I pick the phone of the person in charge of the Group or have someone set to manage the mailbox and it seems to be okay for our customer base.

So, in the end where you see Message Notification Phone {None} then left click once where it shows None and put in the extension that you want to notify.

As for accessing the mailbox the person who it is notifying can do some through the normal means, but if they have [2] mailboxes then they need to pay attention to the display as it will tell them which mailbox that is notifying them.

For instance let's say that the user shows that they have 5 messages and their message light is flashing. When they press the message button it will tell them they have 3 in their mailbox number, if they press the message button again it will say they have 2 in the other mailbox. When they get to the mailbox they want to check they just press the # key and it will walk them through the normal procedure as though they only had one mailbox.

For all the other users, if they have a voicemail application key they can press that then * then the mailbox number and it will request the password for that mailbox.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »
Thanks TE,

Thanks for your help so far, I'm just about there now.

It's a real shame about only being able to notify one phone, and it seems like a bit of an oversight to me to be honest. Fortunately I can deliver emails to a security group and notify all users that way.

Any way, I now see what you mean by 'recall to your voicemail application', so I've done that (and set the Recall timer to a suitable time). Voicemail recording is working and showing on the selected phone (124).

The only bit I'm now stuck on is accessing the mailbox from another phone. For example the user on extension 127 gets an email telling him there is a message in mailbox 888; how does he access that message? I have tried the following -
  • pressing voicemail application button and then * does nothing
  • pressing voicemail application button and # only works if there is a message to listen to (messages are shown on 124 not 127)
  • dialing 2501 takes you to the mailbox associated with the extension number
Thanks,
David

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »
Gardy,

Well that has been an "oversight" since I have been working on the previous version of Axxess 2.3 and they have never done anything about it. Anyway, your solution for using Unified Messaging is another option that is used a lot so it is good you got that.

By the way if you want to make sure to transfer to Voicemail on a certain number of rings from the Hunt Group the timers are in seconds, but every 6 seconds is approximately 1 ring. Therefore if you want to go there after 4 rings then set the timer for 24 seconds.

The Voice Mail Application and your Message Notification buttons are two different things. Look in your Voice Processor > Devices > Applications and look for an application type that says Voice Mail and write down the Extension Number. Go to one of the phones and dial the extension number that is associated with that application type. It should say," YOu have reached the Mitel Voice Processing System", press * and then the mailbox number. So if you do not have a button on the phone with that extension number then you do not have a Voice Mail button on the phone then just have them dial that number or add that button to their keymap.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 12:07:40 PM »
Ah, I get you. 2500 in my case, dialing that and pressing * works just fine.

Thanks very much for your help, I believe that is me all sorted.

Thanks,
David.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10