Author Topic: Answer ringing call get active call  (Read 3886 times)

Offline krybchynski

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Answer ringing call get active call
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:33:36 PM »
we have a Key system setup and if you pick up the handset on a ringing call you will sometimes get the call of someone else already in progress.  any idea why this is happening or what can be done to fix it?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Answer ringing call get active call
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 05:46:18 PM »
Krybchynski,

There are a few reasons why this is happening so I need to ask some questions before we find the solution.

Is this always the same person getting the call? Are they pressing a Key to get the call?

How do you have this programmed into the system? Basically how is the call ringing the phone that is answering?

What does the display of the ringing phone show?

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:21:53 PM »
Without further info, I would guess that it's a holding call recalling. As TE suggests, the telephone display should provide a clue.

Offline krybchynski

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
set up as a hunt group ringing an extension list.  rings first 4 sets at reception, then when the hunt group times out if overflows to another hunt group ringing a single extension list including the same 4 phones at reception as well as the phones at the back.  when someone in the back picks up and start talking the phone at reception will still be ringing and the receptionist will pick up and steal the call.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »
Krybchynski,

Are you using the Overflow setting to send it to another Hunt Group? If so then stop doing that since that is your problem.

Use the Recall Setting to do that not Overflow as Overflow does not remove it from the original hunt group. Overflow is more of a RAD function than an "Overflow".

Remember to set the 2nd Hunt Group needs to have a higher priority than the original Hunt Group.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Krybchynski,

Sorry if I came off a little rough there, but I will explain in more detail so you can understand what is happening with those timers and destinations.

Hunt groups can have an announcement or an overflow destination that acts similar to a RAD. If a call to the hunt group is not answered before the Announcement timer expires, the call is picked up by the announcement destination. If the call remains unanswered when the hunt group Overflow timer expires, the call is picked up by the overflow destination. Announcement and overflow destinations should be playback destinations such as an Auto Attendant, Voice Mail, or Call Routing Announcement application. The Hunt group is still in control of the call so if a member of the hunt group answers the call it is pulled back from the announcement or overflow destination to be answered. When a call is reaches the recall destination it is transferred out to the new destination and the original hunt group no longer is in control of the call and the new hunt group is.

Hopefully that helps out a little bit more. Also remember that the timers are in seconds so 6 seconds is 1 ring approximately.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »
Tech Electonics may have been a little rough here, but his reasoning and recommendation is solid and if your last post is correct in how you worded it, you are the cause of your own problem.

This is a common misconception among inexperienced or improperly trained Mitel 5000 technicians... "Overflow" is not like overflow in many other systems or what common logic may lead to you believe, please thoroughly read what was posted about it and make changes immediately, as the current configuration is not going to work and will lead to headaches galore as you are already finding out.

Make sure to press F1 for help in the hunt group section of the programming application, it clearly defines what these various things are for and how to use them, if you still have issues feel free to come back here and ask.

Offline krybchynski

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »
yes it is programmed using Overflow.  I will make those changes and talk to the person who actually built it.  I am just the guy fixing it now.  No worries on sounding"rough" I'm just happy for the help.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »
When I first started M5000 I did the same thing, the terminology was different to all the other systems I worked on.
All I can say is that you will remember it and never do it again. ;)

Offline krybchynski

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »
That is probably very true.  And since I work for a re-seller, when one of my coworkers does it and I get the call about it, I will know how to fix it.  which makes me look smart.  which is good.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10