Author Topic: Mitel 3300 PRI  (Read 4414 times)

Offline mevans1974

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 PRI
« on: January 27, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
Hi All,
I have this strange issue on a PRI and it is a intermittenting problem. We can make calls over our PRI but every so often we can't received calls. When a customer call our main number it will ring once and goes fast busy.  The only solution I have found so far to address this problem is reboot the system.

We have had the CO change all their equipment and the problem still exist. I had the CO monitor the call as it hits the PRI they said the call it getting to the PBX However' The PBX is rejecting the call.

Any help would be appreciated 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 PRI
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
Next time it happens, stat the PRI to see if a trunk is "Not Seizable".

This would indicate a problem with a channel on the PRI.
Busy the trunk and RTS it to see if it returns to service then pump some calls in.
If it goes not seizable again call the carrier and have them check the channel to see what's holding it up and why.

It may also help to be sure your outbound hunting is different than the carrier's.
If they're hunting ascending then you should hunt descending.

Ralph

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 PRI
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
We had a situation that I've written about before that might be worth checking.  Make sure that the Inbound and the Outbound calls are coming and going from the opposite ends of the T1 channel.  If in coming calls are coming in on 1,2,3 make sure that outgoing calls are going out on 23,22,21 (or whatever).

If they are coming and going from the same part of the T1, you have collisions that could be knocking out the channels and causing your busies. 

Adam in DC

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10