Author Topic: Remote Silent Monitor  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Remote Silent Monitor
« on: January 23, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
I have a customer that needs to allow a roaming manager to silent monitor people. I thought maybe I could do this with EDHU and the silent monitor FAC, but no luck. It works from my deskphone.

Any ideas or other solutions?

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Silent Monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:19:26 PM »
I'm not very familiar with ACD, but isn't the silent monitor an ACD supervisor function? Some one else please chime in. Thanks.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:21:40 PM »
Roaming manager must use a phone with the COS that allows silent monitor. So you may have to hotdesk him so he can use his COS from any phone. You don't need EHDU to monitor BTW just the correct COS and FAC  and you can monitor stations. There are some issues as to what you can monitor (prime line only I think so a transferred call cannot be monitored; never quite got to the bottom of the restrictions)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »
I am using EDHU because he wants to use his cell to monitor if possible, he doesn't have a Mitel handset at all. I enabled the monitor option in the EDHU COS to test and it doesn't seem to work. I looked for a feature matrix (not very hard) and couldn't find one to reference. I will look harder when I get a chance.

You don't have to be an ACD agent or supervisor to monitor or to be monitored.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »
Thanks for helping me understand this a little better, Matt. Our clients don't have this need, so I'm not familiar. Thanks again.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
According to Support this isn't possible from EHDU, so now I am going to try a SIP softphone through MBG. To simplify I am trying to connect straight to the 3300 without MBG at first and I am getting "Busy Here (486)" when I try to send the FAC. Is this even possible?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 01:38:01 PM »
The issue is silent monitor needs to be done from an extension. We did this a long time ago and I think what we did is take a trunk and loop it to an ONS port. We created and ARS string to access the trunk. Finally we created a system speed dial to access ARS. If you send a call to the ARS string it would pull up ONS dial tone and allow you to silent monitor from that ONS port ( via feature codes ). Think that's what we did.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 04:04:59 PM »
I think,  if I remember it correctly, that I once set this up using force account code DISA and FAC.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10