Author Topic: Axxess 8.235 - CRA cuts off after 36 seconds - prompts for mailbox number  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Hi all,

I have a weird one and I can't seem the find the right timer to correct it. Customer has analog lines pointing to CRA directly. After 36 seconds of the greeting, the greeting cuts off and prompts the caller to enter a mailbox number. When dialed from the inside, the CRA plays its audiotex recording entirely and times out properly to general mb. It's only when dialed through a CO TG that it cuts off. System Forward Initiate / Advance are both at 18 seconds, Transfer - Voice Processor is set to 20 seconds, but changes to those timers have no effect. It still cuts off at the same time. Any ideas?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
So when you look at System/Devices and Feature Codes/CO Trunk Groups/<TG Name>, you see the Day Ring In Type as Single, and the only destination listed is the number of that CRA (not a HG or something that might have a route in it)?  When you look at Voice Processor/Devices/Applications it is definitely shown as a CRA, and when you look at Day Greetings and Night Greetings within the CRA you see only the desired recording?
I'd next try replacing that CRA in the trunk group with a phone extension, see how the call behaves at the 36 second mark just for diagnostics.
One more thing: if these are CO lines, make sure someone hasn't done something wrong with the cross-connects causing the ringing line to also ring a second line.  If each line in the TG actually has its own number dial each to see if all behave the same.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hovas,

I think you are looking at your problem the wrong way. If the POTS lines are pointed directly at a CRA then there are no timers that will affect the call because it is already answered and playing a message.

As for what your problem is I would say it is a form of "Talk-Off" that is at play here.

Could you post how you have your digit translations set up?

Also show us your DTMF Detection Timers to see if there were any changes to the some of the twist values.

Can we assume this has been working properly for awhile now or is this a new application?
Have you tested your POTS lines for abnormal conditions (noise, static, voltage, etc..).
If you point them to a different CRA do you have the same problem?
If you put in a different recording, ie rerecord the message on a different recording number and use that, does it do the same thing?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Thanks for the responses...I created a new CRA, new recording, issue is gone. New recording in old CRA, no issue.  Old recording in the new CRA (with no digit translations defined), called in from outside and at 36 seconds was told * is not a valid option. Old CRA had * defined as subcriber access so now it makes sense why callers are being prompted for mailbox number. Here are the DTMF timers:

Digit Detect - on / off - 48 ms
Digit delay on / off - 32ms / 48 ms
low to high twist play - 9.2 db
low to high twist idle - 8.2 db
high to low play - 8.2 db
high to low idle - 5.2 db
digit in to in ratio play - 2.0 db
digit in to in ratio idle - 8.0 db
in to out ratio play - 1.0 db
in to out ratio idle - 4.0 db

I don't have any experience changing these values so any input is appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hovas,

I would just have the customer rerecord the message and see if that resolves your issue. The recording may have become corrupted and the voicemail thinks that the * is pressed when it isn't. As for your timers they are all default so worries there.

Hopefully that fixes your problem and you can go on to others. lol

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Got a doc from a coworker with recommended twist settings for Talk-Off and increasing/decreasing sensitivity. Increasing and decreasing values had no effect on old recording...Going to agree that the old recording may just be corrupt. Thanks for your help! On to bigger and worse problems...

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
Re: Axxess 8.235 - CRA cuts off after 36 seconds - prompts for mailbox number
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »
Was there any background music in the greeting? In rare instances, I have seen that get mistaken for touch-tone. Easier to re-record greeting than tweak low-level voice processor settings

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10