Author Topic: Voicemail Busy  (Read 11117 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Busy
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 12:01:17 PM »
SteAnnesIT,

Moving Mailboxes to PBX B would work as long as you moved all the voicemail boxes over unless you want to buy some licensing for networking the two voicemails together. If you don't move them all then you won't be able to forward messages between the two voicemail systems or have them in Group Lists together.

How many users do you have? Moving a ton of mailboxes over and changing the forwarding paths to go to the new voicemail system can take time, but the good thing is it can be done offline and then loaded up. The bad thing is that unless you backup all the old mailboxes the users will lose everything and have to reset them. You would also have to remember to make sure that all the extension have their voicemail set to the new voicemail under associated extensions; this can be a copy/paste thing, but it has to be done for the phones to work properly.

The issue is that now all users for the company will be reduced to 4 ports for voicemail so if the voicemail system takes a lot of messages and users are constantly trying to get into it then you just make your problem worse by reducing the amount of ports they have to work with.

You could do what Dwayneg suggests, but it would be best if you found out what is using up 8 ports at the same time.

Can I assume that all the Trunking comes into PBX A or does each site have its own Trunking?

Thanks,

TE

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
After I asked for the quote from my provider and I said "Yah, umm,  too expensive"  they replied saying what dwayneg suggested,  moving some of the ACD messages over to the PBX B system.  So I'm going to let them think on that and see if they can come up with a solution that way.

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »
I've also set Overflow from 30 seconds to 72 seconds which was it's bracketed default number to see if that makes any difference.  Recall we have set at 1800 seconds, our Overflow message instructs callers in the queue that they can press X to leave a message so we (Marketing director) decided to have a longer Recall timer because we have customers that like to wait in the queue and get mad if they can't lol. 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »
Something simple, but just checking: the TIME OUT Digit Translation in each of your queue announcements is set to HANGUP, right?  I know, that's counter-intuitive...but I see folks all the time who set digit translation for time out to send the call back to the HG.  WRONG, that will recycle the call to the HG as a new call which not only puts the caller back at the end of the line but causes him to hear the ANNOUNCEMENT probably more often than he would have heard the OVERFLOW.  Set TIMEOUT to HANGUP and it only hangs up the announcement, not the whole call, and caller retains place in queue.  The other destination, RECALL, removes the call from the group entirely and sends somewhere else.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 12:54:22 PM »
It sounds like the system is not programmed correctly, rather than other issues.

An apology greeting playing every 30 seconds is excessive and annoying. I would go through all the programming, then check the length of the greetings. I’ll bet you can make this problem go away pretty quickly.

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »
dwayneg,

Announcement is: Hang up
Overflow is: Hang up
Recall is: Transfer to Mailbox

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
SteAnnesIT,

The way your Call Routing Announcements are set it correct.

The Announcement timer determines the amount of time a call will remain unanswered before it is picked up by the hunt group’s announcement phone or in this case a Call Routing Announcement (CRA). It is started when the call is received at the hunt group. I normally set this to 30 seconds

The Overflow Timer is kind of an odd duck timer as it is started when the Announcement timer expires (or, if there is no announcement phone, when the call is received by the hunt group) and it is restarted each time the call leaves the overflow phone. I normally set this to 60 or 90 seconds, but in your case you may want to set it out further.

The Recall Timer determines the amount of time a call will circulate through the hunt group (unanswered) before being sent to the hunt group’s recall destination phone. The timer is started when the hunt group receives the call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
Keep in mind that if your MB's are on seperate systems, you lose the ability to forward msgs from MB to MB. Although, you can get around that with UM to a certain extent.

I know it's to late now, but I've requested that our sales force leave "Basic VM" enabled on all networked systems, even when selling a centralized VM solution. That way even if the primary VM or networking goes down, I don't lose front end Auto Attendants and I have additional resources for HG announcements locally.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10