Author Topic: changing the x key with the circle around it  (Read 2099 times)

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
changing the x key with the circle around it
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
i have a customer that wants this key (key 9) on the 5330e set to be a disconnect key for handsfree calls and handset calls. i think this is a bad idea but is there a way to do this?

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Re: changing the x key with the circle around it
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
The only way I can think of would be to set up a CRA, delete the greetings, leave default timeout of hangup, create a phantom, forward all calls to new CRA, set up secondary extension key in place of SPCL, set secondary extension to phantom that's forwarded to CRA... While on a call, you'll press that "cancel" button, which will transfer the call to a phantom that's forwarded to a hangup. Not really practical since you'll still have to hangup to complete the transfer...

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
There is no disconnect key, other than the hookswitch. This is a common request from folks used to the release key on their old Nortel phones. Once they learn how their new phone works, it stops being an issue.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »
We run into this request on 85% of our installs.  It would be nice if Mitel addressed what seems like a very simple thing but until they do I just let everyone know that the release button is huge black circle right where they hang up their phone.

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
Why not have them use the red HOLD key?? This will give the user new dial-tone (internal) and allow them to quickly move on to another call without replacing the handset. Much like a RELEASE key.

If your client/user has T1 or SIP trunk(s), the call [that was put on hold] will drop off very quickly as soon as the other party hangs up. If it was an internal call (say, to voice mail), that call will eventually timeout and hang up as well. This solution can mimic a RELEASE key quite easily.

Keep in mind, again, if your client has either of the digital trunks above, they can make another call as soon as the other party hangs up (no need to press HOLD button) because they will get internal dial-tone back quite quickly. Again, IF your client is in a BIG hurry (or maybe have loop start trunks), they can use the HOLD button to achieve the results they desire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10