Author Topic: Mitel 5000 4 digit dialing other locations via Nortel VOIP gateway  (Read 2593 times)

Offline tech1971

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I am in the process of installing a 5000 for a customer that will eventually converting all their locations to the same type of system.  For now they have nortel products at other locations connected together over their network using Nortel VOIP gateway for 4-digit dialing.  We are using analog trunks for regular incoming calls, and I have added a SLM-4 to connect to the gateway.  I have taken 2 trunks and put them into their own group with that particular trunk group on a key on their phone.  It works now, but I am afraid they are used to picking up the handset and just dialing the 4 digits and they are not going to like have to press an extra button.  Could I use dial rules to control where the calls go?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 4 digit dialing other locations via Nortel VOIP gateway
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »
This is one aspect of the 5000 that I don't like, good/easy/flexible routing.

Depending on the amount of extensions you are dealing with you could create phantoms for the 4 digit dialling number and have them forwarded to the Nortel extension via the trunk group you created.
This would obviously depend on your numbering plan.

Will the end system will be 5000's networked together?

Offline tech1971

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
The extension range from 74xx, 75xx, 76xx, and 77xx.  Yes they will eventually be a complete Mitel system at all locations.

Offline bscott08

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
I have been working with a tech who is trying to install a Mitel 5000 behind a Norstar VoIP Gateway, connecting to other locations that have Norstars. They can successfully call to the other locations 4 digits, but are unable to receive calls. It does not appear that the Mitel is receiving just the 4 digits dialed. We have the wildcard in the Call Routing table and can direct the calls to one extension, but when the they receive the call, there is no audio either way. Were you able to get yours to receive 4 digits? We are using the embedded trunk ports, not a SLM-4.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10