Author Topic: Vmail notification button  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Vmail notification button
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
Want to notify multiple extensions if a message is left in a general mailbox.Is there a way of putting a button on a phone for notification purposes on a Mitel 5000?  Thanks

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vmail notification button
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »
A MB cannot light multiple endpoints, with the exception being DEE, which will not help you. If you have the Xarios Application, it can do it. If not, I usually go with the MB using UM to send email notification to a distribution list.

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »
Ok appreciate it. was hoping 5000 could do it know they are able to on Mitel Anyware cloud system.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:04:41 PM »
Actually Dynamic Extension Express might do the trick...it allows you to specify multiple phones to twin to (even though in this case it won't be handling live calls) and for each you can specify whether to light MWI.  Build a phantom ext, create matching user account and mailbox, and add all the ext as Associated Destinations with the MWI/Pullback flag checked.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
dwayneg is correct, but there are side effects and limits, which is why I assumed you would not go that route. You only get a couple of Desk entries to populate, so the number of stations to light is limited. Also, handsfree gets disabled for DEE users, which can be a bummer. I like the phantom idea though, and will now have to tinker a bit...

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »
It can be done with Remote Message Notification from the original mailbox. Set it up for an IC call to another extension number, pause and the 'Message' feature code. The downfall is that it cannot turn the message light off. There is a Knowledge base answer for this.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
Used the DEE method loads of times and it works well, on newer versions of firmware you can light four extns I think, Desk 1 and 2, Home IP 1 and 2.

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
I agree with 'emueller'. I would use the Remote Message Notification feature in the original mailbox. However, I would set it to call a Hunt Group (IC call) with all the phones you would have setup a light for. It's not as elegant as a message waiting light BUT it does get the message retrieved quickly. Also, you will have stats on who is actually picking up those messages and listening to them.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10