Author Topic: No rings; straight to voicemail.  (Read 6071 times)

Offline DevonD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
No rings; straight to voicemail.
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »
When a customer calls, it says "If you need x, press y."

Once a customer presses y, I want that extension (2008) to go straight to voicemail. It may be tricky, because I have 3 extensions on one phone (2008, 2009, and 1258).  This phone is for non-urgent call and we don't want this phone to ring at all, so ideally, I would like none of these extensions to ring. We only want a different phone (which is geographically close to it) to ring so we know this call is more urgent.  I'm hoping for it to occur so that when a customer presses y, it will go straight to the mailbox and the customer won't even hear a ringing.

Have looked around on here recently and found this forum very helpful for some of our other issues. Did not see this one anywhere though, so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

Thanks so much!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: No rings; straight to voicemail.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
On any Call Routing Application (voice menu) one of the digit translation options is to transfer to mailbox, and you can specify the mailbox.  So getting to a mailbox from a "press X" option is easy.  If, on the other hand, you want to send calls to a single mailbox if caller dials any of 3 extensions you'll use System Forwarding...build a new path to a new CRA, remove any greeting in the CRA, and set digit translation to xfr to mailbox.  Select this sys fwd path for the three ext and choose IMMEDIATE flag.  You could even set flags so IC calls or DID calls ring phones but transferred go right to VM.
Regarding special handling for urgent (or any special) calls, an underused trick is the Secondary Extension Key.  Set up a phantom ext for calls to ring to and program this phantom on a Secondary Ext Key on desired phones.  When a call goes to phantom it will ring to this key with a different (stutter) ring, and user must press the key to answer, insuring that he's aware this is a special call.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10