Author Topic: Setting number of rings before auto-attendant answers  (Read 6469 times)

Offline Bobcat250

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Setting number of rings before auto-attendant answers
« on: October 31, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
Hi all;

We have gotten complaints that the number of rings before the auto-attendant recording starts is excessive (when the operator is not available to answer the phone). Is there a way to adjust that?

We are using software version Mitel_5000_5_0_SP_2

Your help would be much appreciated  :)!

Thanks!  ;)

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Setting number of rings before auto-attendant answers
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
Your calls are likely ringing into a hunt group and recalling to the Auto Attendant (actually a Call Routing Announcement 'CRA'). If so you can reduce the hunt group recall timer.
OR
the calls ring directly to the operator extension and a system forward path is use to forward the call to the CRA. You can adjust the system forward init and advance timers.

Offline Bobcat250

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
Your calls are likely ringing into a hunt group and recalling to the Auto Attendant (actually a Call Routing Announcement 'CRA'). If so you can reduce the hunt group recall timer.
OR
the calls ring directly to the operator extension and a system forward path is use to forward the call to the CRA. You can adjust the system forward init and advance timers.

Emueller, thanks. However, I'm not very facile with the software or the terminology and don't know where to locate/find these settings  :-[.  Can you possibly offer the steps/menu items I need to go to in order to adjust these?

Again, many thanks for your help.

Offline Bobcat250

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »
Emuelller, I think I found my answer  ;D. Under the "timers and limits" icon (in the left hand window) I clicked and found a "System Forward Initiate" and a "System forward Advance" in the right hand window. They were set to "18" and "20" seconds respectively. I reset both to "5".

Not sure if that will work, but worth a try.

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
Emuelller, I think I found my answer  ;D. Under the "timers and limits" icon (in the left hand window) I clicked and found a "System Forward Initiate" and a "System forward Advance" in the right hand window. They were set to "18" and "20" seconds respectively. I reset both to "5".

Not sure if that will work, but worth a try.

Thanks!
Remember that this will also change the number of rings (time in seconds actually) that calls ring on an extension before going to voicemail... The System Forward Initiate timer is a system wide timer that affects ALL system forward paths, not just the one you are looking at. Keep that in mind if people say their calls are going to voicemail too fast now.

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
Correct, Reducing them to 5 seconds may make it very difficult for users to answer calls ringing on their phones before it goes to voicemail. Since you have changed them, call in and test it. Did it make a difference? If not, change them back. It most likely is a hunt group timer.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
You need to start at the CO trunk group and trace your call routing, then identify and modify the specific timer as required. Randomly changing settings when you don't know their function is not a good idea.

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
Leave your System Fwd Initiate alone! It affects ALL users who have sys fwd paths. Emueller is right, your trunks are likely ringing an 'Operator' hunt group and you just need to tweak the RECALL or OVERFLOW timers in that group to get the ring delay you desire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10