Author Topic: Firmware  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Scuzzball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Firmware
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
So I pulled some mitel 5220 phones out of a trash bin, and I'm trying to make them work. The Main version is 01.00.00.06, and the Boot Version is 00.00.00.00. I want to update it. I have found several things including some offical looking documentation saying that you need to just upgrade one version at a time. I've found firmware revisions 4,5,7,8. I need 2,3,6.

Also, any tips for setting up the SIP server would be nice, I'm currently going with Kamailio, with not really any good reasons besides that the thing it's based off got mentioned in a few places.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:16:25 PM by Scuzzball »

Offline Scuzzball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:13:08 PM »
No idea if this is useful, but on booting up, before it says the boot version is 02.05.00.04, then it says "UNZIP MAIN LOAD Booting SIP......" for several minutes, then it gives the main version of 01.00.00.06, and the boot version is 00.00.00.00.

What does that mean?

Oh also, I learned that kamailio is not what I need, and I'll be using freePBX.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:24:43 PM by Scuzzball »

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:50:55 AM »
Hi Scuzzball, this forum is for the Mitel 5000 telephone system and doesn't really deal with getting the phones to work with SIP based telephone systems.

You would be better off trying a FreePBX forum if that's what you are going to use.

Offline Scuzzball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »
Except I want the firmware for the phones. That's what I'm trying to get from this forum.
Also, understanding why the phone displays two different boot versions.
I was just mentioning  what I was using in case people had comments, but it was not the main question.
Sorry about the confusion there.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:06:52 PM by Scuzzball »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »
This conversation should really be in the Non-Mitel Chatter section, I know this seems odd since those are Mitel phones, but they are just devices, most of the discussion areas here are for Mitel Phone SYSTEMS (5000, 3300, SX200, etc. are all Mitel branded phone system servers), the fact that some of the phones have 5XXX model numbers does not relate to the forums.

Mitel phones in these areas use proprietary firmware that is NOT SIP compliant, but use the MiNet protocol... and all the firmware that we use in general is specific to the software revision of the phone system they are connected to, and phones on the SX200, 3300, and 5000 all use different firmware packages and are not SIP compliant.

At one time Mitel released and supported "dual mode" phones (like your 5220 set), but they discontinued the phones many years ago, and supported and software was discontinued a few years later. The software used to be freely available from Mitel, but it is hasn't been for about 4 years or so. The later software revisions are very hard to find, but for tips look at this thread: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,2800.0.html or http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel+SIP+Firmware for more information.

I don't mean to be just put push you off, but most of us in these forums never did use the SIP firmware and actually saw it as a way to dumb-down a Mitel phone to make it compatible with 3rd party systems. The effort never took for Mitel either, and they closed the book on that chapter of their history.

Looking or asking in the FreePBX, Asterisk, Kamailio, or other SIP based PBX forum will likely get you more information and the files you need quicker and with more experience than here... Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:35:06 AM by acejavelin »

Offline Scuzzball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »
Okay, neither of those contain the firmware I need, but the thread sounds like it may have had people who may. I'll make a post in that subforum.
And I guess it makes sense that this subforum is more about the systems, instead of the phones. I don't like how the open standard got dropped though, just a personal thing I guess.
Anyway, many thanks.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
I think the 3300 software contains certain sip files for these phones that isn't available on MOL

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10