Author Topic: System Software & Programming Versions  (Read 1988 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
System Software & Programming Versions
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:26:22 AM »
Hi,

Another question. Our Mitel 5000 is, I believe, running software 5.0

Our maintenance company are slow to upgrade and not exactly proactive. I'm wondering what the latest version is, what improvements have been made and are there many benefits to upgrading? Or for the sake of stability, should we stay where we are?

My second question regards the programming software, which the engineer installed on my PC. I don't have the source files to re install and I have moved to another PC. Is there somewhere I can download the programming? (I don't have a login to edocs.mitel.com) Or can someone share the programming exe via Dropbox or such like?

Thanks in advance.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System Software & Programming Versions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 10:58:53 AM »
The release notes for V6 are attached, we are just waiting for V6 SP2 coming out but it's just a maintainance release I believe.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: System Software & Programming Versions
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 12:12:33 AM »
Hi,

Another question. Our Mitel 5000 is, I believe, running software 5.0

Our maintenance company are slow to upgrade and not exactly proactive. I'm wondering what the latest version is, what improvements have been made and are there many benefits to upgrading? Or for the sake of stability, should we stay where we are?

My second question regards the programming software, which the engineer installed on my PC. I don't have the source files to re install and I have moved to another PC. Is there somewhere I can download the programming? (I don't have a login to edocs.mitel.com) Or can someone share the programming exe via Dropbox or such like?

Thanks in advance.
Release 6.0 is very stable, and upgrading would be recommended, but not required. You would have to have current software assurance with Mitel, and that is something your vendor would have setup for you. You cannot upgrade or change software versions across releases without changing your license key, which only Mitel or an authorized vendor which has ownership of your AMC record can do.

As far as the software goes, you should try to get it from your vendor, if you are in good standing with them (ie. you don't owe them money) they should provide you with the software at no charge or for a nominal fee. Your OP sounds like you have a maintenance contract or something similar with them, if your point of contact with that company will not initiate actions to upgrade your system and provide you with the software, do not hesitate to contact someone higher up in management, or if that fails contact Mitel directly an voice your concerns about your dealer...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10