Author Topic: DND - Select DND Msg  (Read 3126 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
DND - Select DND Msg
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:30:28 AM »
DND is a feature we are just starting to use (previously used to forward calls to vm or others).

I found the feature code for this, 372, but then it asks for a message "select dnd msg (01-20)". This is cumbersome, clunky and slow to bother putting in additional details. It would be nice just to quickly set DND without having to specify a custom message.

I appreciate if I press nothing, it will timeout and just show the standard 'do not disturb' message, but it's confusing to users.

Is there a simple on/off toggle for DND?

Thanks in advance.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: DND - Select DND Msg
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »
Press DND, then SPKR button or lift and replace handset.  It will default to message 1.
But I'd sure encourage you to start using specific messages.  You know you can pick a first line message then type in the second line, right?  How cool is it when I call you and your receptionist is able to say "I.m sorry, but he's out to lunch until 1:30..."

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
The quick and dirty way is similar to as dwayneg said, I do it slightly different by programming a button as 372, then just press the button twice to turn it on, once to turn it off.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »
You can edit these DND messages don't forget, you could maybe create a DND that says

"sorting idiotic user issues"

Or something similar  :D might make them think twice about bothering you  8)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 05:17:55 AM »
You can edit these DND messages don't forget

Out of interest, how is that done?

Thanks for the other pointers. I tried the suggestion about programming key 372 and pressing it twice to activate the DND. This is fine if you walk away from your desk, but if you sit there any try to use the phone you can't press any buttons (number keypad or otherwise) unless you wait > 20 secconds for the DND custom message bit to timeout.

Also, looking at the feature codes, what's the difference between 370 (Do Not Disturb) and 372 (Do Not Disturb On/Off)?

Thanks.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
DND messages (and reminder) are under:

System / Phone Related Information / Messages / (choose language) then in the main pane click DND or reminder

370 just turns DND on
372 Toggles DND on and off

So 370 is useless really

When i'm training users I just tell them the DND button, lift and replace handset method, didn't realise you could just hit DND twice.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10